IGNORED

2600 Moon Patrol not working on my 7800....

ataridave

I got this at GameForce today, and even after cleaning the connectors (like I would on a NES game) all I get when I hit the power button is a black screen.

Did I just get a bad copy, or does Moon Patrol just have issues playing on the 7800??

Clean the cart connector on the 7800 and see if that helps. Moon Patrol should run just fine on a 7800.

Moon Patrol didn't have any issues playing on the 7800. I own a copy of that game. I didn't havea problems. I think you got a bad copy.

Well, I tried it one more time and it works! :) I have to say that that's the first time I've had to clean the connectors on any Atari cartridge.

Well, I tried it one more time and it works! :) I have to say that that's the first time I've had to clean the connectors on any Atari cartridge.

I'd recommend doing this for every new cart you get - just because it's much, much easier than cleaning the contacts inside the 7800. Better to clean the carts than ending up having to clean the system.

Moon Patrol rocks! It craters too! Unlike many kids, I very rarely went to arcades when I was young so I usually compare arcade games to the Atari version (rather than vice-versa). I remember playing the Moon Patrol arcade for the first time and thinking "Wow! It's as good as the Atari version!"

I've never finished the second course - I've gotten to the last stage of it, but the timing needed for jumps gets too finicky to handle while also trying to fend off those crater-bombers. Anyone know what happens? Any special end display, or do you just get 10000 points and loop back to the start?

Try this if cleaning doesnt help.Are you using the pro-line stik?.Some games will not work with another manufacturers stik,try it.Games like Midnight Mutants only work with the pro-line.Dont ask me why,try it.Its been mentioned before,and this suggestion helped many,solve this problem.

Edited by Rik