IGNORED

Temple of Apshai problems on the STE?

I know some games have problems running on the STE compared to a standerd ST. Is there a list somewhere that tells what games have problems\or won't run on a STE?

More impotantly however, I bought the Temple of Apshai Trilogy off a guy on Ebay and just recieved it. It boots up to the title screen and plays the music and then goes to a blank white screen with the menu bar at the top of the screen where you can create a character and buy items and armor from the innkeeper.

After I create a character it wont let me buy items from the innkeeper and it wont let me enter the game. Am I doing something wrong or is this as far as the game will work on an STE? ANY help on this would be greatly appriciated.

Well I haven't played the game off an original disk, so I dunno if you need to pop the game disk back in the drive or something?

If all else fails, try to download the automation version (which is on cd #141, verified now :))

Well I haven't played the game off an original disk, so I dunno if you need to pop the game disk back in the drive or something?

If all else fails, try to download the automation version (which is on cd #141, verified now :))

What is the Automation CD? Is it like a compilation that has lots of ST sowftware and games on it?

What is the Automation CD? Is it like a compilation that has lots of ST sowftware and games on it?

<very short story>Automation was one of the most active cracking crews on the ST that not only cracked games, they packed them as well so they fit more games in 1 disk. Hence they created Compacted Disks (CD)</very short story>

There isn't an official distro as of yet (we're working on it though). In the meantime you can use Planetemu.