IGNORED

Hi I'm new

Candyrose

I've just discovered this wonderful place and have spent the past 6 hours reading back posts and learning. I don't consider myself a "serious" collector like many of you seem to be but I am always scavenging yard sales and flea markets for finds.We collect cartridges...well just because we like the way they look on the shelf :) and to get the dropped chin reactions from people when they walk into our living room. (we hall all video games on shelves on one wall) We currently have (I think)236 atari game cartridges and almost 400 NES cartridges (not counting the others that we have for various other systems).

I want to thank you all for posting all this info and helping me to know that there are more than 2 different copies of some games so I will know what to look for....

Just out of curiosity....what is the most some of you have ever paid for a game and what do you consider the prize of your collection?

Just out of curiosity....what is the most some of you have ever paid for a game and what do you consider the prize of your collection?

Welcome! I'm new myself (only minutes newer than you!)

The most I've ever paid for an Atari game is $7 (Kaboom, clean label). My prize of my collection is Kaboom and a working set of jitter-free paddles. What more would I need! :)

My prizes would be Crazy Climber and Tooth Protectors (99 cents each!)  

Wow thats pretty cool....I rarely find any that cheap now...too many professional dealers in this area....although two weeks ago I got 53 SNES and Genesis games at a yard sale for $40....course all they had of atari cartridges was several copies of combat and space invaders. :)

Welcome aboard! I like how you keep refering to "WE" in your post - I thought for a minute "Sybil" had come to join our community! (Kinda like Bob Dole refers to himself as "Bob Dole" - does the man ever say "I"? If he were in on our pirate threads - you'll learn about those - instead of "AYE AYE, Captain", would he say "BOB DOLE BOB DOLE, Captain"?) ANYWAY, I don't have any particular "Crown Jewel" of my collection - although I've got Adventure Suicide coming to me - and as Adventure is my fav. game - that may soon become my "Jewel". I pick my stuff up at garage sales and flea markets - fortunately, in this smaller Indiana town, there aren't too many Atari collectors - or scalpers - YET...

:D Welcome.

I've paid 30 bucks for a single cart. I guess it depends on your budget and why you collect.

Some folks in here have paid, as previously mentioned, hundreds of dollars for carts.

I say, "to each his own." If you got it, and you wanna spend it, they so be it. ;)

Welcome Candyrose!

I am a crossbreed here. I am a serious collector and gamer. Best of both worlds right? :)

Most I've ever paid for a cart is $150 for a Colecovision Proto (which I no longer own due to theft). :(

http://www.snipercade.com/twingal/bin/imag...s/ron_chart.png for a summary of my collection.

Here in Phoenix, AZ, cart prices are still "reasonable". You can still find commons for $ .50.

Take care.

what is the most some of you have ever paid for a game and what do you consider the prize of your collection?

The most? For the majority of my 2600 collection I paid full price at retail so I guess probably uhmmm.. $39 (?). The cheapest I've paid was probably 50 cents for second hand carts from Goodwill. :) That's about it though..

oh and ALL my videogames are prized. I never trade anything and have kept everything I had as a kid and I'm 34 now. :P

I like how you keep refering to "WE" in your post - I thought for a minute "Sybil" had come to join our community!

Actually I was referring to my hubby and I. :) He was the start of the collecting, having owned a 2600 for years and playing them when we married. (I myself didn't own one, but thats another story) We started out years ago picking them up at yardsales for him to play and I would play with him on some of the games I was semi familiar with (ie Amidar and Breakout) but I rapidly got frustrated cause he could always beat me. So it became my goal to find him challenging games.

As we moved into NES there became certain games I could beat him at and I started to enjoy it more....but we never got rid of the Ataris and we always kept looking for ones we didn't have.

So thats the story to the we....its a joint hobby we both enjoy

Welcome or as we say in Sweden Välkommen :D.

I am not really a hardcore collector, more of a Atari fan and I love computer games in general. The 2600 was my first console. (Well I did have a Mark III console as well, but let's just forget about that one.) The most expensive cart, well that would be about $15 I suppose. Almost all carts I own, I bought as a kid. It's really hard finding any wild Atari stuff in Sweden where I live.

My latest acquisitions have all been for free, thanks to Sniderman and Atarinvader (thanks dudes! :D).

First of all you sound like a VERY serious collector. Congratulations on a collection that sounds real nice.

Thank you :) I appreciate that....but after seeing the rarity list I find I don't have very many of the rarer ones ...I do have an Atari Video Cube and a few that are rated 4's and 5's....

Greetings (it must be recruitment day!)

Glad to have you on board, your hubby too.

The cherished piece of my "collection" is my CIB sealed Spider-man. Its not terribly rare or anything, but I treasure it more than all the Quadruns out there.

Simple Stan :)

Welcome Candyrose!!

I agree with Atari2600lives, with so many carts and looking for more at flea markets...like it or not... you're a collector.

The most Ive ever paid was $80.00 for Halloween (Which later was sold)

Note: Don't forget to add a photo of you and your hubby to the official Atari Age photo thread in the off-topic section

Welcome, Candy!   We hope you have fun here!

I'm glad you mentioned you are married because there are a lot of desperate guys on here...

Right guys?   :D

Now now :D I dont' think there are any desperate...there are just a lot of wonderful sweet guys who haven't met a really nice girl who enjoys playing video games with them yet.

But you will find them...provided you can tear yourself away from the game long enough to do a little searching :)