IGNORED

New homebrew arcade ports for the 7800 you'd like to see?

Underball

So I posted my short list of wanted games in this thread to be added hopefully to the 7800, given the fantastic hack/homebrew scene that has developed in the last few years.

But just for proper placement, I'll start a discussion about it here as well.

My most wanted:

Crystal Castles

Spy Hunter

Donkey Kong ARCADE(with all levels and better sounds)

Gyruss

Stargate/Defender

Time Pilot

Zaxxon (possible hack of Desert Falcon)

by the way - in case some of you hadn't noticed, the thread I linked above is PacManPlus' awesome new homebrew version of Space Invaders for the 7800, that is nearing Arcade perfection, as it moves along.

I know a lot of you would like to see non-ports, or original games. But I'm really just an old arcade buff, and the 7800 dose such a great job with these types of games.

This is a great topic!

I'm definitely going to echo the following games:

Spy Hunter

Donkey Kong Arcade (yes all screens, animations, BETTER sound)

Defender

Frogger (I've seen a rom when it was in the development phase, but not sure if it's been completed)

My arcade addition is:

Popeye

Among non-arcade game, I'd like to see a port of:

BC's Quest for Tires

One of my disappointments with the 7800 is that since it wasn't released until '86, it missed out on a lot of cool early 80s games like Popeye, Pac-Man (until now), Frogger, etc. Given it's graphics capabilities I'd like to see what it could do on these games, although in terms of audio I'm not so sure... :roll:

Centipede (with Trackball support)

Frogger

Q*Bert

these already exist.

Huh. Sweet. I didn't see them on the 7800 game list. Where could I go about aquiring these games?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&f=4

Ahhh.... The old search linky. Clever. Anyhow, before you posted this here is what I figured out...

Centipede TB - There was a thread about it, but it seems it went nowhere.

Frogger - Apparently it was almost complete, but I see no confirmation of a finished product.

Q*Bert - Also looks close, but again there is no confirmation that it was finished.

So I would still like those to be on my list since they aren't likely done.

Centipede (with Trackball support)

Frogger

Q*Bert

these already exist.

Huh. Sweet. I didn't see them on the 7800 game list. Where could I go about aquiring these games?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&f=4

Ahhh.... The old search linky. Clever. Anyhow, before you posted this here is what I figured out...

Centipede TB - There was a thread about it, but it seems it went nowhere.

Frogger - Apparently it was almost complete, but I see no confirmation of a finished product.

Q*Bert - Also looks close, but again there is no confirmation that it was finished.

So I would still like those to be on my list since they aren't likely done.

Q*Bert is complete and can be bought from the Atariage Store. It goes by the name B*nQ so as not to offend copyrights.

Centipede TB is in fact complete. It was coded by Kenfused, who also coded Beef Drop (burgertime).

Beef Drop is also Available in the AA store.

Frogger is at release candidate level. It's complete in every way.

Edited by Underball

Centipede TB is in fact complete. It was coded by Kenfused, who also coded Beef Drop (burgertime).

I could probably make centipede tb carts, but don't have the equipment to make really good labels yet. I was hoping to hear feedback if it works on both TB's in trackball mode or if I need to add more code for that. I would also probably want to add something to the title screen to distinguish it.

Edited by kenfused

I could probably make centipede tb carts, but don't have the equipment to make really good labels yet. I was hoping to hear feedback if it works on both TB's in trackball mode or if I need to add more code for that. I would also probably want to add something to the title screen to distinguish it.

Which trackballs did you want it tested with?

Mitch

Mitch

It works great with the original white-ball CX-22, and the black-balled CX-80 "looking" one that is actually a CX-22 also that Best Electronics sells.

One thing I thought would be cool to distinguish it from the Atari original version - remove the border box from the playfield. It always bugged me that they put that there when it really serves no purpose.

Mappy

Scramble

Pooyan

Circus Charlie

Yie Ar Kung-Fu

Gyruss

Time Pilot

Gaplus- here are gameplay youtube video links to game:

Zaxxon

Return of the invaders- Here are gameplay youtube video links to the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxldFigD5h8 , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V56UL-G05Xc...feature=related , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxt77Q5K0aE...feature=related , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLrVYw5Q7J8...feature=related

moon cresta

Qix

Elevator Action

Jackel

Out Run

R-Type

Gradius

Defender

Defender 2

Spy Hunter

Punch-Out!

Life Force Aka Salamander

Tapper

Super Sprint

Star Castle

Millipede

Crystal Castles

Blaster

Sinister

Satan's Hollow

Bubble Bobble

Phoenix

Zoo Keeper

Jungle Hunt aka Jungle King

Fantasy Zone

Ironman Ivan Stewart's Super Off Road Racing

Snow Brothers- Youtube gameplay Video of game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PZgj77HWR4

Non Arcade Games wanted

Montezuma's Revenge

Rad Racer

Journey to Silius

Edited by 8th lutz

Tempest is a must

Bubble Bobble

Donkey Kong hacked with POKEY sound to stop my ears bleeding

A decent version of Pac Man (j/k Bob :twisted: )

Not arcade, but Boulder Dash would be great to see as the 2600 version is on hold

Phoenix

Sinistar

Mitch

I only have a CX22 to test with.

I just tested with a CX22, CX80 and an Atari ST mouse. The CX22 and CX80 both work. The ST mouse twitches a little bit but is not really controllable.

Anything else you want it tested with?

Mitch