IGNORED

Did I get ripped?

atreyu187

So I just got a Lynx and a Jaguar w/ cd add-on and I am trying get some rather rare games for them. I got the lynx with Ninja Gaiden I&III and Lemmings for 50 bucks. I then saw AVP for the Lynx as it was never released so I bought it for 45 bucks. What do you think should I have done it??

The Lynx was a good deal. The AVP for Lynx wasn't a super deal. My understanding of those "unreleased" games is that just about anyone who has access to the rom, boards, burner, and minimal skills can make them. It depends if you are happy with it for the price you paid. As I understand it they aren't rare because anyone can just make another one. A real Lemmings however and the price you paid for the system is a great deal.

AX

So I just got a Lynx and a Jaguar w/ cd add-on and I am trying get some rather rare games for them. I got the lynx with Ninja Gaiden I&III and Lemmings for 50 bucks. I then saw AVP for the Lynx as it was never released so I bought it for 45 bucks. What do you think should I have done it??

I think you got a really good deal, maybe $5-10 to much for AVP but even so as a total, not bad at all!

I have never had to deal with a repro before so I thought I was getting the real deal :lol: as you can tell I am new to the Atari world. We had one when I was much younger and once the Jag came out I had to have one. Well it got lost in the storm and had great personal value to me. So I finally got some free cash and have started a rather nice Jag and Jag CD collection and now the Lynx too. BTW are repro's abundant for Jag's also??

• 3 months later...

thats a decent deal. Its hard enough to find copies of NGIII and Lemmings. but with Ninja Gaiden and a Lynx unit. $50 is a great deal. AVP for the lynx is pretty much garbage from what i've seen using an emulator.

Even if your AvP is a repro (very likely), the price wasn't too bad. Overall you are doing well. You'll spend a fair amount getting the Songbird games in your colelction, and you can get those straight from the maker, no hunting needed. I'd say that as a general rule, if you are the collector-player type (and most of us are), the unreleased games are worth picking up, even as reproductions. Some of them are pretty fun, others just interesting, and some are just neat little snap-shots in time.