IGNORED

mos6507's Blog - Bootup sequence

RSS Bot

When the cartridge powers up, we're going to try to do a nice flashy sequence ala the Playstation 1, something that showcases that you are running in the "Chimera Environment" as it were. So that's where LS_Dracon's logo image comes in. Tonight I got the cart to display this image. We're still working out some glitches, however. Also, I just realized that the pixel aspect ratio of sprites is more like 2:1 so the image needs to be rescaled to be twice the vertical resolution. So for now I'm repeating each line's graphics so that the aspect comes out right, so it looks blocker vertically than it has to. I also spent some time giving it a little playfield border just to snazz it up a tiny bit more. Ultimately we're trying to use Supercat's 13-column wide kernel which allows for color changes per scanline, but I think this still looks good enough even without the ability to throw in gradients.

blogentry-121-1215938076.jpg

We hope to get something with some fade in/out transitions and some nice Chimera-generated audio to create an approximation of this:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5079