IGNORED

Actiplaque

Garbs

You dudes and dudettes,

What the deal with the Activision schmegg that I'm seeing on the labels? It's that black kak that seems to "grow" like a fungus.

Everyone knows what I'm talking about, right?

What the hell is that stuff? And why is it just on Activision carts?

It perplexes me to no end.

What the deal with the Activision schmegg that I'm seeing on the labels?  It's that black kak that seems to "grow" like a fungus.

Everyone knows what I'm talking about, right?

What the hell is that stuff?  And why is it just on Activision carts?

It's supposedly the glue that Activision used to adhere the labels to the carts. It seems to affect some cart label colors more than others - but virtually all of my Activision carts seem to suffer from this to some degree. I suspect it can only get worse over time - and if that's acid in the glue causing the spotting then I guess someday those labels will simply degenerate to the point where they will look pretty bad. Of course you can always reprtint the label from a good scan and put a "clean" one back on! For a collector, this might not be a viable solution. For the average Atari Joe, having a replacement label is probably no big deal.