IGNORED

What is the time limit for feedback on ebay? UPDATED

accousticguitar

I purchased a 2600 game on ebay almost 2 months ago and still have not received it. How long do I have before it is too late to leave negative feedback? I tried finding the answer with the ebay "help" but it is completely worthless as far as giving answers that you can actually use.

Edited by accousticguitar

You have up to 90 days to NEG. em. But, before you do, file a dispute with Paypal. Hopefully you will get your money back from this scammer. By the way, what is his Ebay I.D.? Anyway, file the dispute as soon as you can, so he/she can't close shop and run with your money.

On the subject of feedback...

I recently purchased on eBay an import of a set of Anime DVDs that's out of print in the U.S. The subtitles precisely match those of the AnimEigo's U.S. version, but I'm unaware of AnimEigo having sublicensed their subtitles to anyone else. I've sent an email to AnimEigo asking if the disk might be a legit import, and not received any response.

I wouldn't want to give a positive feedback if the disks are pirate imports, but I wouldn't want to give a neg if they're legit. I wonder what they best way is to find out? The packaging and printing look pretty good (back of the box is mostly Japanese) but some things about the disks seem odd (e.g. the menu graphics are borrowed from AnimEigo's 12-disk set (4 episodes/disk) but this set packs 16 episodes (7+ hours!) onto one disk and 8 episodes onto the other four).

Any thoughts (beyond being impressed by the reasonable-looking video quality of disk 1)?

You have up to 90 days to NEG. em. But, before you do, file a dispute with Paypal. Hopefully you will get your money back from this scammer. By the way, what is his Ebay I.D.? Anyway, file the dispute as soon as you can, so he/she can't close shop and run with your money.

Nope, used to be 90, now it's 60.

On the subject of feedback...

I recently purchased on eBay an import of a set of Anime DVDs that's out of print in the U.S. The subtitles precisely match those of the AnimEigo's U.S. version, but I'm unaware of AnimEigo having sublicensed their subtitles to anyone else. I've sent an email to AnimEigo asking if the disk might be a legit import, and not received any response.

I wouldn't want to give a positive feedback if the disks are pirate imports, but I wouldn't want to give a neg if they're legit. I wonder what they best way is to find out? The packaging and printing look pretty good (back of the box is mostly Japanese) but some things about the disks seem odd (e.g. the menu graphics are borrowed from AnimEigo's 12-disk set (4 episodes/disk) but this set packs 16 episodes (7+ hours!) onto one disk and 8 episodes onto the other four).

Any thoughts (beyond being impressed by the reasonable-looking video quality of disk 1)?

That sounds like a bootleg to me. I've bought several sets off ebay that were 'imports' where the complete series was included on 1-2 disks instead of 4-5 discs like the US versions. Usually the menus were borrowed and the quality overall (packaging, discs, menus, extras, etc.) didn't quite fit for what I felt they should be. I found out later when I went to resell a couple sets I had previously watched, that I was selling bootlegs. Of course I had no problem finding/buying off ebay myself, was only when I relisted to sell that I would have my auctions ended prematurely.

Price wise though, most of the imported anime sets I bought were much much cheaper than anything from the US I had purchased. Again you're getting 1-2-3 discs sets compared to 4-5 or even 7-8 disc sets here in the US. Then figure $15-20 per dvd... They should be cheaper.

I contacted the seller and have received 2 replies so far, but still have not received the game. I will give it a bit longer before I post the username of the person I'm dealing with. I'm still hoping for a good ending. I don't think I can file a dispute with paypal since I used a money order. It's a good thing it was only about $6. I just want to be sure to get the negative feedback in before time runs out (if it comes to that).

I left negative feedback on a seller today (the 60th day), and it seemed to go through fine and it showed a page saying something along the lines of "thank you for your feedback", but it won't show up on the seller's page, and the item page still has a "Leave Feedback" button. I have tried to leave feedback several times now, but it still doesn't show up on the seller's page, and the "Leave Feedback" button is still there on the item's page. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to wait a while before the feedback is registered or updated?

Edited by Grey_and_Purple

I left negative feedback on a seller today (the 60th day), and it seemed to go through fine and it showed a page saying something along the lines of "thank you for your feedback", but it won't show up on the seller's page, and the item page still has a "Leave Feedback" button. I have tried to leave feedback several times now, but it still doesn't show up on the seller's page, and the "Leave Feedback" button is still there on the item's page.

This happened to me the other night but not again since. I think it was a glitch on their end.

The game finally showed up 2 days after the 60 day time limit was up. Too bad I already gave him negative feedback.

Was there a postmark? If the seller mailed it in a reasonable time and the P.O. delayed it, I'd be tempted to post a followup stating that the game arrived. If the seller jacked you around and didn't mail it till a few days ago, then I'd just leave it as it is.