IGNORED

No need for a PS3 Ever. FF XIII for Xbox 360.

Lord Helmet

I'm surprised at this because I heard the engine FF XIII ran on (white engine) had been specifically designed with the PS3 in mind. Interesting considering that Japanese 360 sales are statistically insignificant, they must really think that NA alone will carry the cost of porting it.

Still doesn't make me want to run out and get a 360 though since it's still coming out for the PS3. Then again, if the PS3 doesn't start getting some RPG's soon I just might pick up a 360...

Tempest

I've always been a huge FF fan. This was the one game that was going cause me to shell out some cash for a PS3. Now there isn't any reason at all.

Well FF XIII was the main reason I got a PS3 over the 360 (that and my PS2 was dying and I needed a replacement), but I also figured it would get about ten times the RPGs. At this point I've been proven wrong, which is irritating.

I use my PS3 more as a PS2 and a nifty Blu-Ray player than as a game console anyway. A 360 would be neat, but I still have a backlog of PS2 and Wii games I haven't gotten to yet...

Tempest

I read this little blurb:

Ongoing rumors also suggest Microsoft is in store to roll out an all-new look for its popular Xbox Live user interface. More than just a platform for the "MiiToo" avatars, the new XBL look will reportedly bear a Minority Report aesthetic, wherein users will be able to navigate menus by way of a new motion-sensing controller.

Is it just me or does this sound like Wii Box or Wii 360?

Tempest

Tempest

Sounds like a better use for the technology than video games. A wireless pointer is a big plus navigating menu's.... not always a big plus playing a videogame.

Tempest

Sounds like a better use for the technology than video games. A wireless pointer is a big plus navigating menu's.... not always a big plus playing a videogame.

Really? I find the pointer to be a pain when navigating the Wii's menus. I guess I'm just used to the controller. To each his own I guess... :)

Tempest

Really? I find the pointer to be a pain when navigating the Wii's menus. I guess I'm just used to the controller. To each his own I guess... :)

Tempest

Unless they plan on shipping everyone a free controller, my guess is you would be able to use either/or.

Choice is a good thing, but choice is something else not available on the Wii for folks who do find it a pain.

I wouldn't go out of my way to get a pointer remote or anything, but it worked for the menu's better than it worked for a lot of games is what I was saying.

Is Tales of Vesperia coming to the PS3?

If that game is half as great as Eternal Sonata it'll be a must play RPG.

I already have it and Fallout 3 pre-ordered. (I was sad that ToV didn't include a faceplate though)

Edited by moycon

I'm surprised at this because I heard the engine FF XIII ran on (white engine) had been specifically designed with the PS3 in mind.

I'm sure they'll be able to add the load times and ugly brown textures to make you think it's a PS3 game though. They may even let you fill up your harddrive just to run it. 360 gamers will be able to enjoy the full PS3 experience.

If PS3 fans want the 360 experience, they could take a hammer to their system.

If both want a Wii experience, they could just burn all their good games.

See, I'm totally impartial this gen. They all stink.

Edited by Atarifever

Is Tales of Vesperia coming to the PS3?

If that game is half as great as Eternal Sonata it'll be a must play RPG.

I've heard yes and I've heard no. The fact that Eternal Sonata isn't coming to the PS3 in the US (Japan only for now) is another reason to get a 360. I may have to pick one up eventually...

Tempest

I may have to pick one up eventually...

Tempest

If you are a fan of traditional RPGs I wouldn't even think twice about it especially with the price drop coming (This week I think??)

I just got done with Blue Dragon and while it isn't really my type of art and honestly the main villian is a pretty weak character in my opinion, the game was engrossing and fun enough that it sucked me right in. I had a blast playing through that game. I've heard mixed reviews about Blue Dragon, but believe when I say it's a decent old school RPG and should be played by fans of the genre. That it can be picked up for like $19.99 just makes it all the better.

In fact many of the RPGs can be had fairly cheap now and there a bunch coming soon...

Spectral Force 3 (Tactics RPG)

Infinite Undiscovery

Tales of Vesperia

I just wish they'd lower the price of Lost Odyssey.

Final Fantasy jumped the shark with FF7..

In your opinion ;)

And mine!

Final Fantasy has been multiplatform since about 1998. It's just that one platform gets all the hype while the other releases go virtually unnoticed. It seems to me like the lesser know releases are generally of higher quality than whoever was first. I'd be surprised if the X360 release is of the same or lesser quality than the PS3 release is, judging by what I've seen in the past. I'm also not surprised that FFXIII is multiplatform. FF7 and FF8 players were not restricted to the PS1 either, they just had to wait a bit longer for the PC release.

Granted there are quite a few installments that got released on only one platform, like FFIX. It's funny, though, I was just thinking Final Fantasy in general was more of a PC game than a console game.

Yeah, I guess I'm out of touch.. since it just isn't as solidified in my mind that "FF = Sony". But it seems everyone seems to think that instinctively for some odd reason.

But like I said, once FF7 came out I pretty much lost all interest in the series (The truth is, I had a hard time accepting the 3D graphics :lol:) so that's probably why all subsequent releases passed under my radar.

FF is more multi-platform than you'd think:

FF: NES, GBA, WSC, PS1, PSP

FF2: NES, GBA, WSC, PS1, PSP

FF3: SNES, DS

FF4: SNES, GBA, WSC, DS, PS1

FF5: SNES, PS1, GBA, DS

FF6: SNES, PS1, GBA

FF7: PS1, PC

FF8: PS1, PC

FF9: PS1

FF10: PS2

FF10-2: PS2

FF11: PS2, PC, 360

FF12: PS2

FF13: PS3, 360

So FF has always been multi-platform up until the last few titles (9, 10, 10-2, 12). However those are the ones that most people seem to remember, not to mention the PC versions of 7 and 8 are somewhat obscure (I played them both on a PC before the PS1 though).

Tempest

Makes sense to go multiplatform. For greater US sales, the 360 is the platform to go to. For Japan and, increasingly, Europe, the PS3 is the go to console. Doesn't lessen the PS3 in my eyes though. It's a wonderful machine. I'm more interested in exclusive original titles that make the most of each platform. Big sequels like this might as well make the most money they can so the developers can afford to make those original titles.

don't forget the Gameboy Final Fantasy's.

Also, I do prefer the Wii menu using the wii-mote as a pointer, it's about the only positive thing I can say about the Wii, they did a good job with the menu system, still not as good as live, but it's still pretty good none the less.