IGNORED

Microsoft and Netflix team up.

moycon

Xbox 360 and Netflix Team Up

Published July 14, 2008

Los Angeles—An exciting new home theater experience is coming to living rooms this holiday season. At E3, Microsoft and Netflix, the world's largest online movie rental service, today unveiled an exclusive partnership to offer the ability to instantly stream movies and TV episodes from Netflix to your television via Xbox 360®.

Xbox 360 will be the only game system that lets you instantly watch movies and TV episodes streamed from Netflix. This movie-watching innovation will be available to Xbox LIVE® Gold members who are also Netflix subscribers, and will let those users enjoy streaming movies from Netflix on Xbox LIVE at no additional cost

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events...tflixteamup.htm

This news is awesome to me. I have been a member of Netflix for some time. And while I have been able to stream movies from them on my PC for free (as long as you are a member you get so many movies to watch on your PC per month) I'd rather be able to watch them on my TVs. I'm guessing I'll be able to do just that soon. Very cool.

Wow, that's huge. The woman has a Netflix account and watches stuff on the PC. If I could watch on my big 'old plasma... :cool:

Well, you can hook up your PC to the plasma. :ponder:

This is nice, but since I have a pc thats connected to my big screen, it doesn't do that much for me. I sometimes use Amazon Unbox, but I've been thinking about signing up with Netflix because I can leave Blockbuster and still get DVD's to watch on my other tvs.

But.. but... Blu-Ray is the future of movies. How can Microsoft offer movies without an expensive Blu-ray drive? An upgrade to the storage size of the compact disc is the future, not this internet whatchamajiggy, which will most likely just turn out to be a flash in the pan everyone has forgotten by the time we go back to the bronze age.

Edited by Atarifever

I run Windows in a virtual machine (under Linux) just for watching Netflix Instant View (and some software porting as well.) I can't wait for this feature on the 360. BTW, you used to have a certain number of hours based on the plan you had with Netflix but now all unlimited plans starting with the 2-at-a-time get unlimited instant view. I have been hooked on it.