IGNORED

Opo Terser

mine did that too, what you have to do, if you have an rf adapter (switchbox) than dont plug in the antenna, ithe signal goes right thorough it to the tv, if you take out ur cable from the switchbox, then the picture will come thorough, but it will stull be fuzzy.

if that doesnt work, than wiggle the plug from the switchbox,

if that doesnt work, i make these plugs that go from av to cox adapter, it runs from the atari plug strait to the antenna, they are the best you can buy, ask anyone, its the best snow-less picture you can get.

If you want one of these, i can send you a 4-6 ft one, for like 5.00 shipped.

Thanks Craig Jacobs

post-2073-1030054129_thumb.png

Thanks a lot for your help, but I'm still confused... I'll tell you how I hooked up mine...

-First I got an old (1978) tv and plugged it in as usual, and turned it to channel 3.

-Then I attached the little tong things from the RF switch to the screws on the tv. And I set the switch to "game"

-Then I plugged the power from the Atari into the wall.

-I also unplugged the antenna from the tv.

-I put a cartridge in the game slot and hooked up a joystick.

-Then I turned on the Atari and nothing changes on the screen and the atari doesnt make a noise or do anything at all! :|

And also could you expain that cord thing a little more?

Sounds like you have done all the right things ..

You need to verify that the AC adapter is working properly .. and that you are getting voltage to the Atari.

Also there is a channel switch on the atari that selects Ch2-3. Is it set to Ch3?

Your 1978 TV may need some fine tuning with the tuner knobs.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

oh, my bad, i was figuring you had a new tv, and a new rf adapter..

so in this case, keep the antenna on, and plug it in as you normally would, when you plug it in try having it on tv, to see if the tv works, then turn your atari on, and then turn the rf switch to game..

what kind of atari do you have? in the case of a 2600 jr, you should check to see if the light comes on when you hit power, and if no light comes on, then its probibly the ac adapter, or your atari is broken, in which case, you can send it in and have it fixed for 15.00-25.00 (on most atari websites)

if your atari does work, i suggest a new tv, and an new rf adapter..

in this case, follow my previous steps