IGNORED

Atari Bootstuffer from COMPUTE! Magazine...

dwhyte

Does anyone have a copy of Atari Bootstuffer from COMPUTE! Magazine, Issue #70? I seem to remember that it makes a kind of Multiboot like disk. Just curious if anyone has the actual Bootstuffer bootdisk or the Basic listing of the Bootstuffer creation program...

...but my preference is for binary load (XEX) type files....

I wholeheartedly concur. I've got a few 3 sector menus now, and I like the look to yours. I'm still searching for the Bootstuffer from COMPUTE! Magazine though...

Thanks Rybags...

Edited by dwhyte

Does anyone have a copy of Atari Bootstuffer from COMPUTE! Magazine, Issue #70? I seem to remember that it makes a kind of Multiboot like disk. Just curious if anyone has the actual Bootstuffer bootdisk or the Basic listing of the Bootstuffer creation program...

Found this....

BOOTSTUF.BAS

[

Found this....

BOOTSTUF.BAS

Thanks JR> :D

This'll satisfy my craving for all things 'bootdisk' as when I'm not tinkering with porting that game I'm working on, I'm converting files to bootdisks (truly it seems that sometimes I'm lost in the maze of the mad overlord).

Why would I bother, you ask? A friend asked me for some games on cassette to run on his 600XL/1010, and Multiboot makes it easy (seeing as there's a tonne of games already in this format)... I could have downloaded .cas files, etc, but it's more fun to half-ass hack away at some of the games that haven't been on a bootdisk menu of any kind (menus that most of us on this side of the pond never had like Multiboot, Ian.K, Rob.C, etc...)... I'm taking the long-way there, converting to boot disk, importing to multiboot, then back out to cassette (a real coder would write a program to do it for himself :roll:), but it works, and that's all that matters to me... Plus it keeps my friends kids happy. They're kinda wierd. They like the SIO sounds of the tape...

Edited by dwhyte