IGNORED

Nice lil 7800 price shipped $35 w/8 games - Not Mine

Phantom

Okay, I imagine someone got ripped. It clearly states, despite that "everything for sale" bit, that the item for sale is Mario Bros. The name of the auction is Mario Bros, it goes on and on about Mario Bros, Mario Bros, Mario Bros. I think he just threw in "all this is for sale", probably in his other auctions, but whatever. I'm willing to bet someone wasted their money.

Okay, I imagine someone got ripped. It clearly states, despite that "everything for sale" bit, that the item for sale is Mario Bros. The name of the auction is Mario Bros, it goes on and on about Mario Bros, Mario Bros, Mario Bros. I think he just threw in "all this is for sale", probably in his other auctions, but whatever. I'm willing to bet someone wasted their money.

How much you wanna bet? Their is clearly a pic of everything and the entire text contents of the listing are a contract, not just the title. I'll bet whatever ya want to bet. Feedback left by the buyer can be the determining factor. Nuetral, no one wins, Positive I win, Negative you win. Any doofus can leave a neutral for anything theyre in a bad mood about but if you are right, a negative will be left so I say, thats the bet and if you are serious about it, you let me know via PM how much.

Thanks ;) I need a few more rare 7800 CIB Games so make it a good amount :P

Mario was probably the sellers idea to draw attention to the listing. The shipping is probably worng but it can be shipped for not much more depending on distance and who knows, it could be a person that thinks a Car can ship media mail :ponder:

Edited by Phantom

LOL, I guess I'll find out...

You're probably right, I probably wasted my money. It will be a pleasant surprise if the items shown in the photo arrive.

$35 is about the cost of gas I've spent driving around trying to get a decent Atari stuff off Craigslist. He has other games/systems for sale with strange descriptions, but 100% positive feedback as a seller... so I thought I would "roll the dice" and see what happens. I've got my fingers crossed...

Man, I have got to stop posting when I'm in a bad mood. I sound like an asshole. Totally not what I was going for. I was just worried about someone getting ripped off, not trying to be a jackass.

Dude no big deal, i understand your concern but I think its just a lazy seller from her feedback and her other items. I actually think they look in fairly good shape from what I could see as well.

And the best part is, we will soon know how good or bad the system is so make sure you let us know with a post here please akator. I think youre worried for no reason but we will see. its too easy to hand out a neg so i doubt the seller with 100% is going to just send you Mario. Infact, I would've made it a point to had asked ahead of time, if you were concerned & before any money was sent, that all items pictured including the console was included.

Did you ask the seller any of these questions or did you just go with the flow and buy low, fo sho. :D

Man, I have got to stop posting when I'm in a bad mood. I sound like an asshole. Totally not what I was going for. I was just worried about someone getting ripped off, not trying to be a jackass.

Nothing you said bothered me, and all of your points were valid :D

And the best part is, we will soon know how good or bad the system is so make sure you let us know with a post here please akator. I think youre worried for no reason but we will see. its too easy to hand out a neg so i doubt the seller with 100% is going to just send you Mario. Infact, I would've made it a point to had asked ahead of time, if you were concerned & before any money was sent, that all items pictured including the console was included.

Did you ask the seller any of these questions or did you just go with the flow and buy low, fo sho. :D

I saw the item mentioned here and looked at the listing. A few hours later I figured WTH, might as well... it was only $35. I'm not really worried about it. These days I consider all eBay purchases to be like lottery tickets but with a 4/5 payoff ;)

I used to communicate with eBay sellers more, but recently it doesn't seem to matter. In my experience, scammers are going to write whatever you want to hear so you'll buy it and feel safer about higher bids.

When it arrives, I'll post the results :)

I saw the item mentioned here and looked at the listing. A few hours later I figured WTH, might as well... it was only $35. I'm not really worried about it. These days I consider all eBay purchases to be like lottery tickets but with a 4/5 payoff ;)

I used to communicate with eBay sellers more, but recently it doesn't seem to matter. In my experience, scammers are going to write whatever you want to hear so you'll buy it and feel safer about higher bids.

When it arrives, I'll post the results :)

Yea but if they scam you, leave a neg and file a chargeback.

There is recourse if anyone scams you ;)

Just send it all back and get tracking on it and you will get your $ back, IF it's a scam.

Edited by Phantom

• 2 weeks later...

The 7800 and 8 games arrived and are working, so it was legit after all. It needs a little cleanup but otherwise everything appears to be good. I'm a happy clam :)

Thanks for pointing this sale out, Phantom!

Edited by akator

I have a decent eye for that stuff and I am glad someone from here got it and it worked for ya.

Got some decent games in there too!

Have fun :)

PS: Did they honor the cheap shipping price?

Edited by Phantom

PS: Did they honor the cheap shipping price?

Yeah, but it wasn't priority mail, only parcel. It still got here in 4 days after payment, though... so I have no reason to complain. It was still a good deal.

As it turns out, the power adapter is bad. It only worked the first few minutes I tested it but not yesterday when I sat down to play. I used a multimeter and there was no DC output from the adapter. Obviously, the 7800 requires the special plug. Anyone know of why I couldn't use a generic adapter of the same voltage and splice the old plug onto a working adapter? The Atari adapter says 9V 1A... will a 10V Genesis adapter fry the 7800? Or should I buy a generic 9V adapter for $5 and use that to splice the plug? Thanks in advance for any advice, I would like to fire it up and play some games :)

Edited by akator

Yes, you could buy another 9V adapter and splice it, just make sure it has enough amperage.

I'm sure someone has a supply of 7800 adapters though. Maybe try Atariguide. It would be better then splicing.

Thanks for that recommendation. It appears to be cheaper to buy a generic 9V 1A adapter and splice the plug... that would only cost me a 1 mile trip to Big Lots and $4.99 + sales tax... and it would be a new adapter. I know, it's not the collector dream and completely Atari stuff, but at least I would be able to play. Unless anyone knows of a reason I shouldn't take that route...

Yes, you could buy another 9V adapter and splice it, just make sure it has enough amperage.

I'm sure someone has a supply of 7800 adapters though. Maybe try Atariguide. It would be better then splicing.

Thanks for that recommendation. It appears to be cheaper to buy a generic 9V 1A adapter and splice the plug... that would only cost me a 1 mile trip to Big Lots and $4.99 + sales tax... and it would be a new adapter. I know, it's not the collector dream and completely Atari stuff, but at least I would be able to play. Unless anyone knows of a reason I shouldn't take that route...

I would contact Jason from atariguide.com and see what he can do for ya. He has brand new ones and he has decent prices though Im not sure what they are going for. Or see if anyone has one they could trade ya with a Want post. You can contact Jason thru PM, he is as_the_gavel_falls here in AA. Goodlcuk whatever route you take. :)