IGNORED

Which is the best version of AR: The Dungeon?

Gunstar

The vast majority, of not only Atari 8-bit users, but Alternate Reality fans in general, agree that the original Atari 8-bit version of AR: The City is the best version, mainly to it's depth in the area of intangables and secondly 128 color graphics. But what about 'The Dungeon?' I personally still think the Atari 8-bit version is the best in many ways, sight unseen of other versions, mainly for it's great 128 color pallette graphics, even though they are only used in specific locations instead of throughout(like the city) and Pokey four voice music among other things. But, I've never played another version, only seen some screen shots. Are there any out there in Atari 8-bit land that concede another version to be better? Some of the graphics, for example, the Amiga version look better over all, but still don't use as many colors onscreen for many areas. but of course DLI's aren't everything. Or, as far as AR: D is concerned is it pretty much an even playing field? Are they all pretty much equal in quality? I'm also an Atari ST fan and lately I've been thinking of checking out the ST version (of both the City and Dungeon) mainly becuase even though the City version is said to be weak compared to the 8-bit version, the main game engine graphics look better and the fact that you can join guilds and get jobs, etc. But is it worth the bother? Or should I just forget any other version exists and stick with the Atari 8-bit version of the Dungeon and City? Thoughts?

Edited by Gunstar