IGNORED

Siren: Blood Curse Releases This Week

Mendon

Just read an article on Kotaku that Siren: Blood Curse releases this week. The article can be FOUND HERE.

In short, the game can be bought either in A) its entirety for $40; or B) in episode packs for $15 a pack. If you buy the entire game, you save $5 over the cost of buying episodes. Each episode pack will have 4 - 8 hours of gameplay.

I'm planning on buying the entire game. Just curious if anyone else is interested in the game and planning on buying it and if so, will you buy in episodes or the entire game?

Mendon

Played a demo of it tonight. Damn, that's a great game. Not sure if I could take the full game though. My nerves are no good when it comes to stealth titles, particularly titles as flat-out terrifying as this.

I think it's got the best motion captured humans of any game so far. The dialog scenes are proper good, rather a stark contrast to Resident Evil's 'Days of our lives' style dramatics.

I just saw that title in the store. Had no clue what it was. At first I was like, is this a TV show in the wrong place. I plan on doing some reasearch but $40 seems pretty steep. Was the demo available in the PS3 store? I'll probably check it out anyways if there is a demo available.

I just saw that title in the store. Had no clue what it was. At first I was like, is this a TV show in the wrong place. I plan on doing some reasearch but $40 seems pretty steep. Was the demo available in the PS3 store? I'll probably check it out anyways if there is a demo available.

Yeah the demo is still available I believe. Looks pretty good for $40 too.

-Tim

Right. I've bought the first 3 episode block from the PSN store. I have to say, that after the impressive demo, I'm disappointed.

The dialogue is often very forced (particularly the cursing, I don't mind a bit of language but this just feels tacked on) and the schoolboy character is pretty annoying although you'll be controlling a range of protagonists throughout, rather like Eternal Darkness. The game opens with a mission to escape an undead police officer, but the actual path of your escape is a matter of trial and error, or rather trial and repeated death in the dark. Once you get past that, the game is just a follow-my-lead exercise of performing whatever action command pops up on screen. This is true of the first and some of the second episodes (the demo was comprised of the good parts from ep.2). As is usual in these survival horror games, the controls are often a bit clunky and you'll find yourself swinging your weapon at empty space while the zombie (or shibito as they're called here) you were aiming for gets a free bite.

This said, there's a lot of tension and a real sense of fear and danger. These aren't your resi zombies. They're smart and they talk and have an instinct for self preservation. I haven't played episode 3 yet (and boy, these are short) but if the preview is anything to go by (each episode has a 'next time in..' segment) the extra characters and plot developments should push things along a bit.

Well, they'd better do if they want me to buy the next pack :)