IGNORED

7800 Arcade could-have-beens

Inky

I actually had an idea of creating homebrews of arcade games for the 7800, but the catch is I don't know Assembly Language to save my life!

At any rate, here are some ideas:

Bosconian

Rally-X/New Rally-X

Mappy

Tapper

Yie-Ar Kung-Fu

Road Runner

Rolling Thunder

Escape From The Planet Of Robot Monsters

APB

This thread isn't really relevant to the 7800. With its sprite capabilities and a big enough cart ROM, the 7800 could do a decent version of pretty much any arcade game up to the early 90's.

So this is really a "name your favorite old arcade games" thread.

Not necessarily... Perhaps someone wants really bad arcade games ported to the 7800 for obscure and unwholesome reasons. :twisted:

Besides, to completely accurate, it would be a "name your favorite old arcade games that haven't already been ported to the 7800" thread.

-Bry

• Like 1

This thread isn't really relevant to the 7800. With its sprite capabilities and a big enough cart ROM, the 7800 could do a decent version of pretty much any arcade game up to the early 90's.

So this is really a "name your favorite old arcade games" thread.

Not necessarily... Perhaps someone wants really bad arcade games ported to the 7800 for obscure and unwholesome reasons. :twisted:

Besides, to completely accurate, it would be a "name your favorite old arcade games that haven't already been ported to the 7800" thread.

-Bry

Why old?

I wanna see Soul Caliber 2 ported to the 7800!11

I guess that would be an adaptation, not a port.

• 4 weeks later...

And, of course, everybody mostly mentions the same games . . . Why, because they ruled . . . In fact, with the possible exception of Afterburner, any one I could think of has already been mentioned . . . (Yes, plane games suck on 8-bit . . . Afterburner, IMO, was not a 'plane sim', it was first-person Galaga . . .)