IGNORED

Atari Corp. Lynx POP Displays

AEX

Hi Guys,

Can you contact me (PM) if you have any Lynx POP displays such as the POP Lynx Batman with little red light display, or standard counter-top Lynx demo unit. Also, any real-world photos of the Lynx in store back in the good old days.

Looking for images/photos only.

Many thanks,

Karl

Mr AEX/Karl....I think the only luck you'll have is if you know any of the managers from the defunct distributor/dealer Silica Shop and see if they either have piccies or images (or even know where silica's Atari lynx P o S/P o P systems ended up) or Anglo corp, who bought out the remnents of silica after it initially went under

Though i seem to remember hearing that your'e from Ireland so your best bet is find some of the shop/retail managers from some of irelands (now deceased) established Atari dealers/distributors and see if they can help you...either north of south of the border

According to another post on AA....Mr Still has the one and only prototype of the PAL (Euro) version 5200

You must be from over here alison (as opposed to 'over there')

Edited by carmel_andrews

Thanks for the replies so far guys,

This message is really going out to the "serious collectors" out there because I know they must have a few of the Lynx POP items ;)

Daryl Still is at nVidia now, and its a while since I spoke to him (he got a nice bottle of 25 year old whiskey from me the last time we spoke!) but I must try and drop him a line again.

I use to work for the Irish CBM/Atari distributor and I can definately say without a shadow of a doubt that any and all POP material is well gone at this stage :(

Anyway, perhaps something will turn up soon - I know there are some lurkers at AA :)

best,

Karl

This message is really going out to the "serious collectors" out there because I know they must have a few of the Lynx POP items ;)

Daryl Still is at nVidia now, and its a while since I spoke to him (he got a nice bottle of 25 year old whiskey from me the last time we spoke!) but I must try and drop him a line again.

I use to work for the Irish CBM/Atari distributor and I can definately say without a shadow of a doubt that any and all POP material is well gone at this stage :(

Anyway, perhaps something will turn up soon - I know there are some lurkers at AA :)

best,

Karl

For the 'serious collectors'

Hmm.. last time I looked quite a few of us were serious collectors.

Hopefully you find what you are looking for. I would be interested in seeing some of those items as well.

best,

Karl

For the 'serious collectors'

Hmm.. last time I looked quite a few of us were serious collectors.

Hopefully you find what you are looking for. I would be interested in seeing some of those items as well.

EricDeLee,

Your definately "serious" then :cool:

So, I should perhaps rephrase that the message is aimed at those "quite a few" who collect Lynx items and are uber-serious Lynx collectors and who have mega-serious Lynx collections just might have what I'm looking for ;)

Karl