IGNORED

Fable II

Freakin' Duck

I know Fable II is still a few months away, but I can't hide my excitement. October's not that far off. I didn't see any thread, so let the hype train begin.

I was never let down by Fable, since I had no knowledge of the ambitious statements made by Molyneux. I just happened to find the game in a GameStop, drawn to it by its wickedly cool cover art. Judging a book by its cover sometimes pays off. I even came back for seconds with TLC.

So, with full knowledge of Peter's grandiose plans for this game, I was feeling like I might be disappointed. However, seeing all the gameplay footage, and learning about all of the confirmed features, I have come to the conclusion that this game will not disappoint. At the very least, it will be more of the same, which I don't mind. :lust:

http://www.lionhead.com/fable2/

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/splash/f/fable2/

I followed Fable development for a long time and I was aware of all the ambitious statements that were made about it.

I was still far from disappointed. Was it the game I though it would be? Not at all. It was awesome anyway. I am looking forward to Fable 2 without question.

Fable is a game that I started and never finished, yet always vowed to get back too...still never finished it. Maybe I should pick it up again since I'm sure its cheap...isn't it available on XBL?

Is there any continuity in Fable 1 and 2, or are they completely separate ala the Final Fantasy games?

Fable is a game that I started and never finished, yet always vowed to get back too...still never finished it. Maybe I should pick it up again since I'm sure its cheap...isn't it available on XBL?

Is there any continuity in Fable 1 and 2, or are they completely separate ala the Final Fantasy games?

There is a continuity, although it's set 500 years after the first game's events, and you start a new character. You explore the same land of Albion, but a lot has changed. Villages that were once beautiful and populated are now desolate graveyards. Bowerstone, once a small trading town, has grown to a kind of metropolis. I wonder if they'll have a questionnaire before you start the game to discern what your Fable character did, which should have a huge impact even 500 years past.

Well, at the very least, it'd be worth it to play through Fable: The Lost Chapters to get a kick of nostalgia from the sequel.