IGNORED

VGS! Chicago Illinois! July 12th

Inky

Would anyone be interested in getting a Chicago gaming event going?

EDIT:

Here's the info (Official announcement and web site launch next week):

Major (huge) Update:

The deal is set

the place to be is Quality inn & suites in Lombard,IL

The date to be there is July 12th,2003

the time to be there is 9am till 4:30pm

As Atari Video Club Presents The Video Game Summit.

I Just called the hotel to set up the deal:

here's what I got: 50 tables (looking into getting TV's 13 inchers(about 5)

so if you are coming and need a tv reserve from me(it will be an extra charge ))

I will have a Website with more information coming next month (AL's I will

also put in the events section)

So if your interested in attending:

send a blank e-mail to:

VideoGameSummit-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

then post what items you can bring.

That is all

Hope to see you there

Dan Iacovelli

Inky,

Hopefully next year AVCIL local meeting will be starting up

(it will either be at triton college in river grove or at the westchester mayfair recreation hall)

until then you can sign up for the Atari Video Club IL chapter

mailing/discussion list by going to AVC online

http://avc.atari-users.net.

Dan Iacovelli

AVC/JCu chairperson

(ps. I am also hoping to get a summer get together for next yr too

it won't be like mwc or jagfest type it mostyt be a swap meet /hang out thing)

I was just reading your site and much to my surprise I found out that you guys had dealings with Mars Merchandising?

I used to make the long trek by bus from Joliet up to his store right after I bought my ST! In fact, I've been trying to track down Mark Lacine, the store owner for some time (I think I know where to get a hold of him now)

Small world!

I was just reading your site and much to my surprise I found out that you guys had dealings with Mars Merchandising?

I used to make the long trek by bus from Joliet up to his store right after I bought my ST!  In fact, I've been trying to track down Mark Lacine, the store owner for some time (I think I know where to get a hold of him now)

Small world!

yeah way back when I brought my jaguar from them when it first came out. I also hung out at the swap meets the had in villa park,IL

they was thinking of relocating the meets to my old location in melrose park,IL. but I guess they closed up shop after awhile.

if you can contact him let me know, maybe we can set up something next year.

this is for anybody who lives in IL or surrounding states:

Atari Video Club IL chapter is looking for more people to join the mailing/discusion list at yahoo groups. you will be able to talk to other people who are also in list plus it help us plan for meetings and events.

you can join by either going to AVC Online or by going the yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AVCIL/

Thank you

Dan Iacovelli

AVC/JCU chairperson

I'm for it but since I work most of day and get off at around 6pm

it might be hard for me to do.

If you want I'll try to contact the recreation center by my house

see we could arrange a small game gathering(no dealers,or the like just a bunch of people having fun)

I would have ask for fee though(it won't be high, since I already know thier asking price per hour($25 ))

If you have any other sugestions let me know

E-mail me or send it through the list(I know you joined)

I also send a mention of this thrugh the list.

(btw: I own a 2600,jaguar and a lynx(my two 7800's are dead at this momemt))

Dan Iacovelli

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know I haven't forgotten about the gathering:

I recently heard back from triton college, they do rent out their rooms

I am going to reply back them sometime this week asking about the prices

(the person told me the rates vary: out district,in district,profit or non-profit(I figure I would try for in-district rates(I live about 4 blocks away from the hillside campus) but I will also ask about non-profit rates too(I think I'll prob need a some kind of papers for that but just in case I'll ask anyways)) before I reply to them though I need to know what day would be good for it(I figure a saturday before thanksgiving would be good)

however there might be a drawbcak with this they require to have certificate of insurance I don't know what that is if anybody who reads this

let me know.

(I'll prob ask them about that anyways,but I would to know what exactlty it is before I ask)

Dan Iacovelli

(Ps. if anybody still interested in attending please e-mail me)

(the person told me the rates vary: out district,in district,profit or non-profit(I figure I would try for in-district rates(I live about 4 blocks away from the hillside campus) but I will also ask about non-profit rates too(I think I'll prob need a some kind of papers for that but just in case I'll ask anyways)) before I reply to them though I need to know what day would be good for it(I figure a saturday before thanksgiving would be good)

however there might be a drawbcak with this they require to have certificate of insurance I don't know what that is if anybody who reads this

let me know.

(I'll prob ask them about that anyways,but I would to know what exactlty it is before I ask)

Dan Iacovelli

A couple things...

Is it near the 'Hillside Strangler'? (for those not in the know, that's where I290, 294, and 88 meet)

I work for a company that makes software for insurance agencies, and I think it is proof of insurance...

And finally, if anyone is coming from the south, stop by in Kankakee IL if you want to hook up!

let me know.

Dan Iacovelli

Just a small change to my idea:

I decided to try for a Saturday in Febuary instead of what I mentioned above. On a side note: this idea was orginally just going be a just a bunch of people play games but I decided to include some local vendors to it so if it works out I will have time to contact some vendors to see if they can come.

Dan Iacovelli

Inky wrote:Hold on.. Feb? I have a wedding in Indiana in Feb that I'm in (BlitterBit) that I just recalled

theres still time to change the date(I said a saturday in feb I didn't specify which sat)

btw: I just heard back from triton and the rates seems good to me

I have to contact my insurance company about the certificate.

(the rates they told me are 25 per day (non-profit) or 100 per day (profit)

which are the best I heard the insurance thing is one thing that worries me though)

Dan Iacovelli

Man, if this was in April it would be too cool. I have to be in Chicago for a week for a educational research conference. It would be fun walking into some presentations and talks with a bag of carts or with some nice hardware :D Maybe a nice Sega Nomad to play during boring presentations?

Ok, I decided to go the way that philly classic does :

I have started a mailing list it unmoderated so feel free to post your thoughts:

heres the url http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VideoGameSummit/ Currently the name I have decided on the event is The Video Game Summit I'm trying to stay away from the word "classic" because I think there are too much classic events alreday also I didn't want to call it Video game Expo then people will confuse this show with CGE(classic gaming Expo) plus if you look at the initals of the show VGS it come close VCS I thought it would be cool.

so if anybody is interested this event please join the list

I am planning to contact my insurance agent to find out about getting the certificate of insurance soon.

the one thing I want to get striaghtned out first is the date,so when you

join the list please let me know which saturday in feb would be good for you then based on the replies I make my decision.

Thank you

Dan Iacovelli

(this event is listed under atari on the yahoo groups but it will be classic and next gen as well)