IGNORED

alternatives to stock PSX for the new mastercontrol?

RangerG

I am excited (like many) about the new mastercontrol for the 5200, but I don't want to use a stock playstation controller on the 5200 (just like I dislike the look and feel of the Genesis controller on the 2600). I want something more classic for the best classic system ever (some may disagree:). I have been searching the Internet and even looked at the local used video game store for a more classic alternative to the stock PSX controller. The two best I have found are one by Nyko and one by Namco (both are no longer made). I think it is the Nyko Dynamizer and the Namco Arcade Stick. They both work for the original Playstation, but I can't tell if they are both digital and analog. There are several arcade sticks out there for the PSX, but they look cheaper and/or are only digital. The Nyko and Namco even look classic. The Namco looks really cool and sturdy, but it is yellow :(. If anybody comes up with an option please post it.

On a side-note -- what games would I need an analog controller for if I already have a trackball and paddle?

Thanks for the replies, RG