IGNORED

AMS I & II

DoctorVell

HELP!!!

I am very confused on how to use the Advanced Music System II program using the emulator of Atari 2.0.3. I downloaded the entire archive of AMS songs from umich's archive. I wish to play them using a program, but I don't know how to have my program work so I can play them through the emulator. I have a disk image of the program which does have some samples, but it only loads it up via the "D1:" drive but my song files are on the "H:" drive.

Any help would be appreciated, unless there is another program that will load them off this virtual drive (on my system they are under the /ams folder on my C: drive, but I have that folder where they are located as a "H:" drive.

Thanks...

AMS likely as not requires that it be on drive one and can only access music files on drive one as well which as you might have already suspected, limits your disk size and usefullness quite a bit. But that's probably the best it's gonna get.

As Bunsen has stated one way around the problem will be to use an ATR utility to place several music files along with the AMS player on an atr and then mount the atr in an emulator. I like ATRUtil95 1.13 by Ken Siders but this one doesn't make the ATR to start with it can only move files to/from an existing atr file. But you can make plenty of atr files using an emulator so it's no real limitation.

The H: drive of Atari800Win requires that you spell everything out completely and you must copy one file at a time from or to the H: device to or from a mounted atr.

©opy from to?

H1:MYFILE.AMS,D1:MYFILE.AMS

Both filenames must be EXACTLY the same with only the drive being different, you can not use wildcards in any form. Forget about any other shortcuts any DOS may have for filename use, when you deal with the H: device it won't work.

This tight restriction on the H: device has been promised to be relaxed somewhat in future versions but for now it is ridgid as it can be.