IGNORED

iPokedex: The iPhone Pokedex

Room 34

I'm sure there are some Pokemon fans here. I never would have imagined I'd count myself among them, but my 5-year-old son is obsessed with all things Pokemon right now, and he's dragged me into that world too!

Anyway... he's always asking me which Pokemon evolves from which and what type each Pokemon is, etc. and I wanted to have the information at my fingertips. It's already online at both official and fan sites, but they're all either Flash or so overloaded with information that there's no way to use them on the iPhone! I was surprised no one had done it already (although it sounds like a few people might have tried, and then abandoned it), so I went ahead and created my own.

http://room34.com/pokemon

It's not an exhaustive encyclopedia of all Pokemon facts, but it does have all of the Pokemon, their basic info, sprite graphics, etc. Everything I could think of for a pocket reference. I'll probably be adding more features such as charts of relative type strengths/weaknesses, etc., but it's ready to use as 'version 1.0' right now!

It works just fine in a web browser too, but it's optimized for the size of the iPhone/iPod Touch screen.

Comments, suggestions? If you like it and you know of a Pokemon fan with an iPhone, spread the word! Thanks...

ipokedex.jpg

(Yeah, I took that screenshot at 1:42 AM. Since then I've added in all of the data that shows up as 'N/A' here...)