IGNORED

GONE! Exclusive Limited Release ATARI 2600 Game

Parrothead

CPUWIZ and ChaseTheChuckwagon.com have come together to offer up a very limited release of a very mysterious game.

H.jpgunknown.JPG

Here is an excerpt from AtariProtos.com attempting to describe this "unknown" game:

"Believe me when I say that this prototype is a complete mystery. No programmer, no model number, and no company. We don't even know the name of the game. The only we have as to the identity of this prototype is the name Universal, which is silk screened onto the EPROM board. Unfortunately this just raises more questions than it answers. Universal was an arcade game manufacturer, and licensed all its games to Coleco. But why would Universal suddenly start programming their own original games for the 2600?"

Read more about this never before released game here: http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/u...n3/unknown3.htm

This game cartridge has been meticulously created by CPUWIZ right down to the label featuing the ChaseTheChuckwagon.com logo. This will only be made available in limited quanitites on http://www.ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. Own a piece of previously unattainable video gaming history dressed to the nines and ready to grace your Atari 2600.

It is undetermined as to the quantities this will be produced. Each one will be individually numbered by it's creator CPUWIZ. We will make an official announcement right here on AtariAge.com when these cartridges will be listed on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com.

Stay Tuned !

So Cal Mike & CPUWIZ :)

EDIT By CPUWIZ: Here is the link!

EDIT: First 10 are gone.

EDIT: Second 10 are gone.

EDIT: Third 10 are gone.

EDIT: 5 more are gone.

EDIT: 5 more are gone.

That's it!

Edited by CPUWIZ

THIS is the kind of thing I'm talking about! Carts like this one will go down in the history books as video game culture history! An exclusive release with the history and culture behind it? I sure hope the winner of it pays him extra for making a custom manual and box art! That would make it totally classic!! Can you say R10??

:thumbsup: BEAUTIFUL!!

Edited by nathanallan

Wow this really sucks. I've been working on a game for months (as mike and cpu both already know) to release exclusivly on the CTCW and now I'm the one thats gonna look like a copy cat cause of all the attention this is getting\ gonna get. I've put a shitload of work and money into getting a game made exclusivly for the chuckwagon, which also happens to be a game I planned on putting in a coleco shell to make matters worse. Looks like I bought a whole box of donkey kongs, pcb's, eproms and labels just to look like a fool in the end. Man this is disheartening. Oh well live and learn I suppose :(

Wow this really sucks. I've been working on a game for months (as mike and cpu both already know) to release exclusivly on the CTCW and now I'm the one thats gonna look like a copy cat cause of all the attention this is getting\ gonna get. I've put a shitload of work and money into getting a game made exclusivly for the chuckwagon, which also happens to be a game I planned on putting in a coleco shell to make matters worse. Looks like I bought a whole box of donkey kongs, pcb's, eproms and labels just to look like a fool in the end. Man this is disheartening. Oh well live and learn I suppose :(

If it's not the same game, the thought of "copycat" would not even enter my mind. I think the more attention there is to the fact that CTCW has exclusive releases, the more attention your game will get.

What wrong with have other games released on CTCW. AA Store had more than one game in it.

You think ppl will not buy it?

Who cares whose first!

I'll be a nice guy to get you motivated, put me down for the first copy of your game. :D As long as its a Atari 2600/Jaguar/Vectrex/Intellivision game.

Deal?

I will support your game. So will others.

I hope to hear about it soon.

Mike came up with that idea a long time ago, ask him. And the more, the merrier! You won't be able to buy it on ebay, where do you go? CTCW :cool:

If you want, make up the first cart, let Mike edit this post and BAM, it's a dual release. ;)

It wouldn't have entered my mind either. I mean, who wouldn't want to release a CTCW exclusive? I mean game makers, if they could. So it would NOT be a copycat product, it would be another R10! Heck, anything released specifically for sale on CTCW is special to me.

Nathan

Make the game Shawn. We will buy it.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Glad it's all good. I just didn't want to look foolish or just jumping on the "wagon" (intentional pun) with the exclusive release thing after working for so long behind the scenes on a game.

Anyhow, ya this Universal Exclusive looks neat. I think this is the first time Universal Unknown has got a release treatment IIRC so it should sell pretty well also.

the more, the merrier! You won't be able to buy it on ebay, where do you go? CTCW :cool:

If you want, make up the first cart, let Mike edit this post and BAM, it's a dual release. ;)

Yes, what he said! :)

Rick

Hey Shawn,

Sorry to chime in late here. Been out sailing all day :) I agree with everyone else, and no I didn't forget your exclusive coming and you were the first to mention it to me way back when you first jumped on board (after saying it will never work if I remember correctly ;). I think having a few exclusives appear hear and there will be great. The more the merrier :) Let me know when you are ready to rock with it and then we can start spreading the official word.