IGNORED

*Again* Texas Atari Users...

tcropper

A friend of mine just told me that he bought a Sega Game Gear for $20 at one of the local pawn chains-- and that tells me that all of that chain are doing it, so El Paso is becoming not so bad a place to be anymore! I mean, it's still bad, but it's getting better. Having places to buy classic stuff is always a step in the right direction!!

Nathan

Almostrice and Sauron were at the show.

Don't know about next year. Depends on many things.

Sunday Sep 07 is First Sunday pizza night. Actually having pizza this time.

If there is enough interest to meet up sometime, we can halfway between Austin and San Antonio.

Rick D.

Did Anyone go to the Austin Classic Gamer '08 meeting that A8Maestro setup? I was sad :( I missed it, but plan to make it if they do it next year.

All you Austin/Hill Country/San Antonio people want to plan a meet-up group? I would be very excited to meet with a bunch of you, given the fact that back in the day, I lived 200 mi. from the middle of no where, and never had an Atari Group. Gee...it was almost like living in El Paso!

I can probably come up with a list of San Antonio User group(AAAUA) members. There may be some still using their stuff.

Haven't heard from any of them in many years.

Rick D.

NW Houston- all Atari!

At least you'll be high and dry! I live in Clear Lake (about 3 miles from the water) and I'm anxious about hurricane Ike heading our way and washing away my Atari collection.

Send it to me :D

Seriously I hope that all is ok over there and you miss the action

NW Houston- all Atari!

At least you'll be high and dry! I live in Clear Lake (about 3 miles from the water) and I'm anxious about hurricane Ike heading our way and washing away my Atari collection.

Go to home depot or places with storage bins and seal your important parts of your collection in the plastic bins.

What is REALLY great is if you can get the airtight military ammo boxes from Army/Navy stores. :D

But yeh, I pray that all my Atari friends there in South Texas weather through all this ok.

Heheh. Warerat, you shouldve stayed in that upstairs apartment you had until hurricane season was over..

I think that storm is gonna hit close to Corpus Christi.. We should be OK here in houston.. But even if it hits here, Im not going anywhere. I wanna be here to ensure the safety of all my stuff. If IKE wants to "wash away" my atari stuff, it's gonna have to wash me away with it!

Heheh. Warerat, you shouldve stayed in that upstairs apartment you had until hurricane season was over..

I think that storm is gonna hit close to Corpus Christi.. We should be OK here in houston.. But even if it hits here, Im not going anywhere. I wanna be here to ensure the safety of all my stuff. If IKE wants to "wash away" my atari stuff, it's gonna have to wash me away with it!

Damn computer models. That track now looks awfully close to Houston-- on the dirty side.

My zipcode is in the Zone B area so I might have to do mandatory evacuation pretty soon. I'm about 18ft above sea level but anything stronger than a category 3 on the wrong side and I'll need webbed feet. Got a feeling NASA will close tomorrow around mid-day so we'll be cut free too.

I'm going to hold out at least until tomorrow. If it keeps going the way it is it'll be time to pack up the guns and ammo and get the hell out of Dodge... I just hope I won't be stuck on the road for 15 hours for a normally 35 minute trip to get out of the city.

Gotta love living on the coast in the sub-tropics...

Damn computer models. That track now looks awfully close to Houston-- on the dirty side.

My zipcode is in the Zone B area so I might have to do mandatory evacuation pretty soon. I'm about 18ft above sea level but anything stronger than a category 3 on the wrong side and I'll need webbed feet. Got a feeling NASA will close tomorrow around mid-day so we'll be cut free too.

I'm going to hold out at least until tomorrow. If it keeps going the way it is it'll be time to pack up the guns and ammo and get the hell out of Dodge... I just hope I won't be stuck on the road for 15 hours for a normally 35 minute trip to get out of the city.

Gotta love living on the coast in the sub-tropics...

Hell.. If your gonna do that, come to my house.. I got corrugated sheetmetal we can screw up over the windows and we'll hang out and play video games as long as the power holds out.. I wish my dad was still living here. He had a 5000 watt generator, but he took it with him.. and he aint gonna let go of it right now because he lives over near deer park.

Welp, Warerat went to san antone... I'm sure Almost rice is in austin with his wife.. I'm the only one left here in south houston.. I'm screwing sheet metal up over all the windows and moving all the equipment to high ground.. I hope it doesnt blow my house away, or there may be some additional delays on the rest of the MIOs.. heh.

I'm sure Almost rice is in austin with his wife..

I am in Austin. I came on Thursday night. The evacuees really can not drive. I was going between 10mph and 60mph for about 30 miles between Katy and Columbus. Then had some dummies on Hwy 71. Took me 4 hours for my 3 hour drive because people could not maintain a constant speed. I was also able to use my phone to pull up google maps to take Hwy 90 instead of I-10. I came up early because I had Friday off. And it would have been a great weekend to have a meet in Austin.

My brother and parents are still in Houston. They did not want to evacuate. My bro did for Rita in 2005 and it took him 12 hours for a drive that usually takes 3 hours.

This is the live feed for Chanel 13(ABC) in Houston. It is keeping me up.

Edited by Almost Rice

I am OK. Not sure if Metalguy has power right now. Most everyone I've talked to so far is without power. I'd like to head back soon to assess any damage to my things but the storm is still pummeling the north side of the city. Only good thing is that the sea only rose eight feet by me so I most likely didn't take on any water. But not sure what I'm going to find as some of the news shots show heavy wind and debris damage to areas close to me.

Nervewracking being 200 miles away and not knowing.

I hope everyone is ok. As always, we (San Antonio) will probably not even have a drop of rain from the hurricane. Mind you I'm not complaining. It completely missed us. Earlier in the week it looked like we were going to get hammered.

tjb

Yeah.. The damage was pretty bad here.. trees & power lines everywhere.. what a mess..

My house is still structurally intact and did not get flooded...

but there is no power, internet, etc..

I am at my fathers house in pasadena, using a laptop, running off a generator, and using dial-up internet.

so... I guess everything is "on hold" until they get the power back up, and we can start sorting out some of this mess.

Yeah.. The damage was pretty bad here.. trees & power lines everywhere.. what a mess..

My house is still structurally intact and did not get flooded...

but there is no power, internet, etc..

I am at my fathers house in pasadena, using a laptop, running off a generator, and using dial-up internet.

so... I guess everything is "on hold" until they get the power back up, and we can start sorting out some of this mess.

Glad to hear all is ok and your house did not get flooded!

Well, this really sucks.. The city is pretty trashed. They are saying possibly up to 2 weeks just to restore power in most areas. But, my house got the power lines physically ripped out of the service panel, so I am going to have to file on homeowners insurance and hope they act quickly. I really dont know how long things are going to be this messed up.

Needless to say, I can not do anything with the MIO project until some of this stuff is fixed. The good news is that nothing inside my house got damaged. All the MIO realated parts & equipment is safe & sound.

I will do my best to keep everyone up to date on the status of this mess...

I've been following this on the news, these natural disasters are always devastating. Glad to hear that everyone local here on AA were not put out of house and home although the local damage and lack of power must be difficult to deal with. I hope that everything is back up and running quickly there. I would think a big city like Houston will have the resources to get everything back on track swiftly and hopefully the other effected towns too.