IGNORED

Is anyone else buying Super Mario Sunshine on Tuesday?

Am I the only Nintendo Loyalist out there? (I love Atari too, but I hate XBOX) Anyway, is anyone else buying Super Mario Sunshine on Tuesday?

I'll be buying it also and I'm sure many others here will be picking it up. Watching someone play it in a store a few days ago reminded me quite a bit of Mario 64, but with better graphics. I had a blast playing Mario 64 and I look forward to spending countless hours playing Sunshine!

..Al

I'm with Ice, wish I had a gamecube but I would buy Mario Sunshine if I had one, looks very good from the import impressions. I'm not a big Nintendo loyalist but the Mario and Kirby games are usually top notch on all their systems. I especially like the gameboy ones.

A couple of more good releases and I'll probably pick up a gamecube, at only $150 its a good deal but I feel a little obligated to go through all the 250 games I have for the Dreamcast first ;)

It always bugs me that to like Nintendo (which I do) then it's assumed that you want Mario games. I think I've jumped over enough primary coloured objects now. I'll sit this one out:) For what its worth (which is AMAZINGLY little:) ) I'm not going to bother with Zelda either. Enough sequels, lets have something genuinely new.

I'm leaning towards picking it up - with Super Monkey Ball 2... haven't bought myself anything lately, for that very reason. Although the schoolhouse rocks box set comes out on tuesday as well, so one of those might have to sit out for a while. I've been reading the reviews at gamefaqs.com, and will make a decision after reading a few more today. Dunno, they both look pretty darned incredible!!!

Hi,

I just got back from Gamestop a few hours ago. The Manager said that he was going to pick-up their shipment at the airport tomarrow, and that I could come in and pick it up a day early if I wanted. I will let everyone know what I think tomarrow afternoon.

Also, he said that they would be sold out until sometime after labor day.... I am glad I reserved this one.

Mark

Hi,  

Am I the only Nintendo Loyalist out there? (I love Atari too, but I hate XBOX) Anyway, is anyone else buying Super Mario Sunshine on Tuesday?

VintageGamer

YEP! The first Tuesday...AFTER HELL FREEZES OVER!!! I am sooo G*d da*mn sick of MARIO. I really wish Nintendo would find a new mascot. I got bored with Mario after the original Mario Bros. on my 2600!!! :P

Hi,

Okay here the deal with sinshine....

on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, I give it an 8. The game is pretty fun, and I am sure I will enjoy it for quite a while, but every once in a while the camera angle really bugs.... also, the characters in the game should speak rather than using text.

All in all Nintendo did a pretty good job. There is even some music and bad guys from the original super mario bros. and mario world.

Also, this game could have used a two-player mode.

VintageGamer