IGNORED

Previous 7800 HSC Rounds

shadow460

Here is a link to the final demo version. The only differences I know of in this and the ROM that was sold are in the intro screen.

I don't know the CC2 settings for it.

The cart was offered exclusively through AtariAge. Some members have had demo version carts built, but most of those are older versions of the game.

Edited by shadow460

Okay I dunno what version of the rom I have as my screen looks different than everyone elses (I got the image from EmuAsylum) and its the only version I have that works with prosystem, all the others I have tried you stand there unable to move.

post-10273-1161224701_thumb.jpg

I thnik that rom from EmuAsylum is much easier than the actual cart. Seems like the extras peppers are easier to get and the enemies aren't as smart or fast or something.

I barely ever crack 30K on the real system or reach level 6 but on the emulator I just did 55,000 first time through

I thnik that rom from EmuAsylum is much easier than the actual cart. Seems like the extras peppers are easier to get and the enemies aren't as smart or fast or something.

I barely ever crack 30K on the real system or reach level 6 but on the emulator I just did 55,000 first time through

The one from EMUAsylum is screwed up. Really should only be using the final as the rest of us are to be fair. Search engine is your friend :)

Well, I can't get this game to work in either emmulator, so I'm out for this one. Anyone know why when I load it in pro system it just loops the music and nothing happens?

Try EMU7800 (I FINALLY got it working in XMess this morning, but it's a hassle to set up the BIOS and stuff...)...

What you gotta do:

- Put 7800.ROM in the same directory as the Beef Drop ROM.

- Load the ROM and attempt to run it. It'll crap out saying you need to adjust the console settings.

- Click the "Console" tab and type the following stuff:

gs machinetype atari7800ntsc
gs carttype a7832

If you're using the keyboard to control things, do this:

gs lcontroller joystick

If you don't do that last step, the opening screen will constantly cycle through the difficulty levels, and when you start you won't be able to control Peter.

The one from EMUAsylum is screwed up. Really should only be using the final as the rest of us are to be fair. Search engine is your friend :)

Okay np don't count that score, I'll see what I can do with EMU7800, although I think Prosystem is way better, sure wish Ken could modifiy the bin to work in prosystem

I think one thing that will help is if you maximize your points as much as possible. I have a feeling most people, when the game starts, go immediately to the top of the board, get an enemy to stand on a bun, and then send 'em tumbling to the bottom. This will end the level quickly, but you'll not get many points.

Basically, a good way to rack up a high score is actually to start on the BOTTOM and work your way up on each layer. First, have an enemy [or more!] follow you onto the bottom bun, then let 'em have it. Repeat for the other burgers.

Then go to the next higher level and repeat.

You get a lot of points for each enemy-drop. With careful planning, you can easily end level 1 with well over 15,000 points every time.

Also, try to time your drops so that you have a clear path to the bonus so you can grab it when it pops up.

With careful planning, you'll have enough chefs and peppers to get past that dreaded 6th level -- I finally made it. :)

Alas, I can't get higher than 81,600 -- a score I've achieved twice today!