IGNORED

XBOX, PS2, or Gamecube?

Sephie

The prices have finally come down and I am wanting to buy a new video game system. Which system should I get? They all look the same quality wise. I would have to get Madden Football, but I also like Zelda AND Baldur's Gate! I refuse to buy one of each.

I have to admit, the main reason I'd get a new console is to play the newer madden games. My favorite team is the Pittsburgh Steelers, my dad's favorite is the Cleveland Browns. If you know a lot about football, you know the 2 teams are rivals. So, there's nothing better than having updated rosters, and kicking my dad's ass in like 5 games straight. It's fun with the old rosters too(today he wanted to play, so I kicked his ass 6 times out of the 7 times we played on Madden 98 for the Saturn). I wish they were making NFL 2k3 for Dreamcast, but they're not, so that's the sad reality :sad:

Id say an Xbox. But id also say get your hands on the DC if you are interested. In my opinion the DC beats the hell out of the PS2. Im sure others would agree...( now im sure im gunan get slanderd for that )

Anywho ...yeah :D

The thing is, there are no new games being produced by Sega. So it would be pointless to buy a Dreamcast. I reccomend getting a Dreamcast Emulator.

I would pick GameCube over the XBOX. The reason is, most people I've talked to say the the XBOX dosn't have many good games in it's future. But they say at E3 GameCube showd some amazing games like Zelda.

I would go with the GameCube all the way.

If you don't want a GameCube go for the PS2.

Oh yeah, and if there was an emulator, you'd have to get a nifty gd-rom drive because a normal cd-rom drive can't read all of a gd-rom, and dreamcast games are on gd-rom. You would have to download ripped games, which is highly illegal and they're huge(like 700MB)

Just because a manufacturer stops making a console or because no "new" games are being released for it does not mean it is pointless to buy a Dreamcast. The systems didn't stop working the day Sega said they were stopping production.

A while ago I remember reading that NHL2K2 was the last game to be released, but then I read about a game being released in Japan, some kind of shooter, begins with an "I," I can't remember the name.

The Dreamcast is a great system, and it has many great and good titles. You can set yourself up with a system and some games pretty cheap now.

Thats true about in Japan they'll still release some games. Take the 3DO for xample, after it "died" here in the states over in Japan they were still making games for it, same goes for the Sega Saturn and other systems. I know theyll be in Japanese, most being 100% Jap, but its still good :)

If you dont want a GC and Xbox steer clear of a PS2 and get a DC, everything is cheap and good. Just my thoughts :D

That's a tough one, I enjoy both the Gamecube, and the XBOX, my PS2 pretty much just sits around unless I have the urge to play GTA3, and the new update that is being released...

I think XBOX has slightly better graphics...BUT Gamecube HAS ZELDA!, so if i were you, I'd be torn, being a Zelda fan and all...Ok, this post didn't help, but I'd say you should consider XBOX, or gamecube...stay away from PS2...

Dave

playstation2 all the way, one visit to game store will settle this argument for you. take a look at the shelves and see for yourself, its about the games. i dont know what genres you like to play but the numbers are with sony. i'm not talking about console power i'm talking about selection.

i also have a new gamecube but i cant say there are a lot of games to choose from. in the long run i'll get an xbox too but for now the game is on the ps2, dont let the fanboys fool ya!

Well I have a PS2 and my one roomamte has a X-box and teh other roomie has a cube and they are all set up in the living room and the one that gets used the most would be the PS2. I am anti-Xbox due to to many read erros with games especially outlaw golf, can't finish a game without getting a read error of some sort. The cube is alot of rehashes of previous games and alot of games for younger people. So by more so default the PS2 wins.