IGNORED

The insane realized Ebay Atari 2600 price thread.

homerwannabee

Recently I have been seeing some insane realized prices for Atari 2600 games. It seems that some rare games have at times reached insane heights. OK basic rule of the thread is the buyer has to have at least a 10 or higher feedback. Too many shill bidders to take the 1 or 2 feedback guy seriously.

OK, here is my first entry.

Insane loose price paid for Exocet. $54.95 plus $3.88 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

Edited by homerwannabee

Yeah. He made a good profit on that one. Especially since I sold him the whole 8 game lot for $209. I'm glad that and sad in a way. Caught in a conundrum on the situation. Good for the seller. Bad for the buyer. If those prices stay the way they are then it will be impossoble to make your money back a little later down the road because these games are surfacing like crazy lately. :ponder:

Recently I have been seeing some insane realized prices for Atari 2600 games. It seems that some rare games have at times reached insane heights. OK basic rule of the thread is the buyer has to have at least a 10 or higher feedback. Too many shill bidders to take the 1 or 2 feedback guy seriously.

OK, here is my first entry.

Insane loose price paid for Exocet. $54.95 plus $3.88 shipping.

And it was a beater to. :roll:

Yeah. He made a good profit on that one. Especially since I sold him the whole 8 game lot for $209. I'm glad that and sad in a way. Caught in a conundrum on the situation. Good for the seller. Bad for the buyer. If those prices stay the way they are then it will be impossoble to make your money back a little later down the road because these games are surfacing like crazy lately. :ponder:

Sealed Quadrun Keeper! ;)

The insanity hits again. This time with a complete in box Track and Field. $338.33 Plus $8.67 shipping and handling is a tad high.

Well, several guides put it in the $250-275 range, so given the fact that this title rarely comes up boxed, and that the box is in very good condition, I'm not surprised it went for what it did.

The insanity hits again. This time with a complete in box Track and Field. $338.33 Plus $8.67 shipping and handling is a tad high.

Well, several guides put it in the $250-275 range, so given the fact that this title rarely comes up boxed, and that the box is in very good condition, I'm not surprised it went for what it did.

Still it is a rarity 6 game and I can't recall any boxed rarity 6 game going for over $300 before.

Still it is a rarity 6 game and I can't recall any boxed rarity 6 game going for over $300 before.

The game is a 6 the box is at least an 7 or and 8. I think $300 is about the going rate for a complete one. HHW

The buyer scored a great deal on this one. Track and Field is especially hard to find boxed. Usually when the boxes do show up the boxes have been in poor condition. You have to expect to pay a premium for a higher quality box.

Most the prices in this thread look fine to me. I've not seen any insanity auctions besides for that one $500 posted above.

T&F box is very rare and $330 is not too bad a price on it. I think I bought/sold my copy for around the $300 mark too.

I have a standing offer of $200 for a nice box and instructions. No game or Controller needed. :) HHW

Most the prices in this thread look fine to me. I've not seen any insanity auctions besides for that one $500 posted above.

T&F box is very rare and $330 is not too bad a price on it. I think I bought/sold my copy for around the $300 mark too.

If if is a $300 game my bad. Well as far as the other games. Remember these are common games. I have been keeping track of all video game sales on Ebay for over a year and a half. When a common video game doubles it's record over the time period I consider it an Insane price. Really so only $500 games and above and be called insane prices? So if a Combat loose was sold for $25 you would see no insanity in that?

If if is a $300 game my bad. Well as far as the other games. Remember these are common games. I have been keeping track of all video game sales on Ebay for over a year and a half. When a common video game doubles it's record over the time period I consider it an Insane price. Really so only $500 games and above and be called insane prices? So if a Combat loose was sold for $25 you would see no insanity in that?

I have been Collecting since 1982 and following ebay around, for 10 years now. I don't think there has been a Track and Feild CIB for less than $250. A lot of collectors don't realize the Rarity of this box. As far the others. You are right they are high. :) The over double the price panda Cart, and the $2 cart with manual selling for $10 shipped. The $6 Fire Fighter Selling for $25 shipped and the 50 cents Roughed up river Raid $10 shipped, were Great for the seller. That $500 for $50 worth of carts on a good day, was the worst. We all know, there was hanky panky going on there. :roll: