IGNORED

800xl S-Video help in Phoenix (East Valley) ?

sonick

Hello all,

I have an 800xl that I play quite frequently, but I am still using the crumby RF output with a coax adapter to TV..

The poor signal is really starting to bother me, especially when i see the lovely pictures online from the s-video conversions. I long for clear display.

I want to do an S-Video mod to my 800xl, but I am not proficient enough with an iron to assure a successful conversion; without murdering my beloved 800xl.

I was wondering if there was anyone in the east valley, or phoenix in general, that has strong proficiencies in this area that would be willing to help for either $, trade, or whatever we could hash out ?

Thanks for your time!

J

Edited by sonick

Hello all,

I have an 800xl that I play quite frequently, but I am still using the crumby RF output with a coax adapter to TV..

The poor signal is really starting to bother me, especially when i see the lovely pictures online from the s-video conversions. I long for clear display.

I want to do an S-Video mod to my 800xl, but I am not proficient enough with an iron to assure a successful conversion; without murdering my beloved 800xl.

I was wondering if there was anyone in the east valley, or phoenix in general, that has strong proficiencies in this area that would be willing to help for either $, trade, or whatever we could hash out ?

Thanks for your time!

J

Hi,

Do you have a monitor cable and a tv with s-video inputs. I'm in Casa Grande with several 800xl's that have very good video without the s-video modification. The 600xl has very good RF signal to the tv. I'm not good with a soldering iron anymore [age and failing vision]. I could come to Chandler and advise you on the setup that you have. If interested PM me your phone # and we can talk.

Well first, I make cables to use the A8 with Svideo. My BOB brings out all of the lines. The two cables cheat, they jumper the composite signal for chroma to create an acceptable svideo for the A8, since most A8s past the 800 do not have chroma connected.

Second, you can add the missing components to create a true chroma line on the 800xl, the pin is on the jack.

Third, you can just run a jumper for chroma. Its acceptable.

Rick D.

Well first, I make cables to use the A8 with Svideo. My BOB brings out all of the lines. The two cables cheat, they jumper the composite signal for chroma to create an acceptable svideo for the A8, since most A8s past the 800 do not have chroma connected.

Second, you can add the missing components to create a true chroma line on the 800xl, the pin is on the jack.

Rick D.

Do you still have the A8 BOB available?

Rick D.

Do you still have the A8 BOB available?

:)

I make 58 things(so far), and keep them in stock for 1 day or 1 century till someone wants them, OR until I get so busy with work/traveling I just have no time for it.

The A8 and Jaguar bobs are in stock. I am in the process of making more tube cases for them.

Thanks,

Rick D.

I'm in Tempe, and have an 800XL, and considering I've never hooked one up to anything but a TV before, I'm wondering how exactly to proceed here.

Start by making/buying an AV cable

evil bay link

If you want the best picture quality from your 800XL

1-Do the Quick and Easy s-video mod (it is quick and easy :D

2-Buy an S-video cable another evil bay link