IGNORED

Atari 2600 1981 CX-2600 serial number, can someone identify?

RichG1972

Can someone provide me with bottom label scans of their 1981 6 switch units and maybe shed some light on what the "111" just on the underside of the Atari unit below the power jack may mean? If I get scans of the bottom labels for all the 1981 6 switch Atari units of that model and era I may be able to figure out the serial number of THIS one

Can someone provide me with bottom label scans of their 1981 6 switch units and maybe shed some light on what the "111" just on the underside of the Atari unit below the power jack may mean?  If I get scans of the bottom labels for all the 1981 6 switch Atari units of that model and era I may be able to figure out the serial number of THIS one

You wouldnt be refering to the 3 numbers burnt in to the unti would you?? Coz im trying to work this out as well,, hmmmm

I just noticed that three digit number for the first time just recently. The positioning and quality of the stamping is very incosistant so it was obviously done by hand. The only thing I can think of is that it identifies the person who either did final assembly on the unit or did the final QC on it. It may also identify a production line instead of a specific person. As for the location I could speculate that it was put there because it's un-obtrusive and there is a reasonanbly good landmark (the slot for the power socket) to identify where to put it.

Would be an interesting project to collect serial number (and the three digit stamp number) from a bunch of peoples system to see if any patterns could be indentified. Looking at the serial number of my 2600A's I just relized that the first two digits are the manufacturing year, and the second two could very well be the manufacture week.

Dan

I just noticed that three digit number for the first time just recently. The positioning and quality of the stamping is very incosistant so it was obviously done by hand. The only thing I can think of is that it identifies the person who either did final assembly on the unit or did the final QC on it. It may also identify a production line instead of a specific person. As for the location I could speculate that it was put there because it's un-obtrusive and there is a reasonanbly good landmark (the slot for the power socket) to identify where to put it.  

Would be an interesting project to collect serial number (and the three digit stamp number) from a bunch of peoples system to see if any patterns could be indentified. Looking at the serial number of my 2600A's I just relized that the first two digits are the manufacturing year, and the second two could very well be the manufacture week.  

Ok, well the number burnt on mine is 192, this is a 6 switch, very early  atari-wong PAL unit. I am in australia, However this machine could have come from anywhere.

Dan

Can someone post a scan of the bottom label of their 1981 6-switch Atari 2600 model? I need something to go by to restore my bottom label to it's former glory, as many scans as can be posted in here would be greatly appreciated