IGNORED

LMAO! What would you do for a sealed Mr. Do's Castle!

Atarimania75

What's wrong with alerting the seller that they have something special and to be alert for jerks trying to lowball them into ending early?

I'd much rather see them get what it's worth, even if it means I can't afford it, than wonder which sleazeball yanked the rug out from under the seller and every other buyer this time.

I guess thats true. Good point :)

why doesn't someone tell them?

So, if you guys were out thrifting, and found a Chase The Chuckwagon in a box of loose carts all marked $1 each at a fleamarket or something, you would tell tell them it's worth $1000 and offer that much? :ponder:

That's different. I've always been all for someone grabbing a cool BIN, and I also loathe deal-breakers who try to nuke BIN deals after the fact just as much as the side dealers (who I would wager are usually the same people).

Edit: to clarify, if a clueless seller wants to put a price tag (whether BIN or flea market, etc) on a collectible that is a tiny fraction of its value, then that's their fault for not bothering to do a little research. But when they put one up for auction, and the sharks begin circling, with offers higher than the seller imagined but still nothing like the true value, trying to yank the rug out from under other potential bidders, then that's plain selfishness, greed, and an attempt to take advantage of the ignorant seller after they had already done the smart thing and ran it as an auction.

Most members of the general public would be astounded what some of these silly little games are worth to us crazies, so "hey, would you take $100 to end it now?" sounds like a deal, when it's actually, yes, I'm saying it: a CON.

Edited by lemoncurry

I dunno. I mean, I can see the point, but if the seller doesn't know what something is worth and is willing to accept a lower offer, it seems to amount to the same thing in the end. The whole side deal argument just starts sounding like the typical complaing of someone wanting something and not being able to get it.

Of course, I don't care much for the "crazies" which have ruined the collection scene for the common folk. Lets face it, CTCW didn't used to cost a $1000, till one very well off rich person with a lot of extra money to spend decided they had to have it at any cost, and drove the price up to asinine levels so now no one else can ever get one. Lets face it, stuff like this is just a pissing contest between elitest who don't care about money. :_(

Lets face it, CTCW didn't used to cost a $1000, till one very well off rich person with a lot of extra money to spend decided they had to have it at any cost, and drove the price up to asinine levels so now no one else can ever get one.

Bad example dude. That game has fallen big time in value. 4 of them have been on Ebay in the past month, and the highest of those went for $56. A nice CIB one sold on the Chuckwagon recently for $300.

That's different. I've always been all for someone grabbing a cool BIN, and I also loathe deal-breakers who try to nuke BIN deals after the fact just as much as the side dealers (who I would wager are usually the same people).

Edit: to clarify, if a clueless seller wants to put a price tag (whether BIN or flea market, etc) on a collectible that is a tiny fraction of its value, then that's their fault for not bothering to do a little research. But when they put one up for auction, and the sharks begin circling, with offers higher than the seller imagined but still nothing like the true value, trying to yank the rug out from under other potential bidders, then that's plain selfishness, greed, and an attempt to take advantage of the ignorant seller after they had already done the smart thing and ran it as an auction.

Most members of the general public would be astounded what some of these silly little games are worth to us crazies, so "hey, would you take $100 to end it now?" sounds like a deal, when it's actually, yes, I'm saying it: a CON.

I agree with this point, that is exactly how I feel. Everyone I'm sure knows I think anyone who does side deals are a$$holes, buyers and sellers. Enough said.

I dunno. I mean, I can see the point, but if the seller doesn't know what something is worth and is willing to accept a lower offer, it seems to amount to the same thing in the end. The whole side deal argument just starts sounding like the typical complaing of someone wanting something and not being able to get it.

What sucks are those that follow the rules and bid get screwed by those who do not. Yes it is complaining but it is complaining about legitimate rules of ebay. If you list something you should let it complete not end it early for some yahoo that lies and tells you a story about his dying kid or something. I have sold many things on ebay and now the CW and on ebay several times when I have listed a rarer game I have gotten some lame excuse from someone to end early because of this or that. I do openly complain about side deals as they are not supposed to happen, period. :x

MAN i wish I didn't bid on that thing. Cant afford it really.

I don't think you have to worry, someone will outbid you.

and when they pay more because of it, i'm sure they'll thank him as well! maybe there should be a 24hr thinking period BEFORE people can bid so that have time to "think" about it! :roll:

sorry just one of a few things that gets under my skin, when people bid and wish they didn't! :x

Rick

yea rick you're totally justified in that.

but for my defense :) no price was adjusted. Auction opened at 500 and my opening bid was 500.

I'm not going any higher than than and it doesn't help the auction at all.

So it's still fair game... Anyhow what's wrong if I win it and relist it on CTCW for the same price just to move it to a better more proper home.

That's what I wish the seller would have been informed to do after canceling on ebay.

Side question... I noticed that CTCW's ebay store actually mentions the CTCW website.

Ebay doesn't care?!?! Can I list ebay items and say see my other items on ebay and/or CTCW?

Seems like they'd freak about you advertising as a rival in one of their markets?

Cheers all!

Edited by mars242

MAN i wish I didn't bid on that thing. Cant afford it really.

I don't think you have to worry, someone will outbid you.

and when they pay more because of it, i'm sure they'll thank him as well! maybe there should be a 24hr thinking period BEFORE people can bid so that have time to "think" about it! :roll:

sorry just one of a few things that gets under my skin, when people bid and wish they didn't! :x

Rick

Side question... I noticed that CTCW's ebay store actually mentions the CTCW website.

Ebay doesn't care?!?! Can I list ebay items and say see my other items on ebay and/or CTCW?

Seems like they'd freak about you advertising as a rival in one of their markets?

Cheers all!

some sellers have already done that! :)

Rick

What sucks are those that follow the rules and bid get screwed by those who do not. Yes it is complaining but it is complaining about legitimate rules of ebay. If you list something you should let it complete not end it early for some yahoo that lies and tells you a story about his dying kid or something. I have sold many things on ebay and now the CW and on ebay several times when I have listed a rarer game I have gotten some lame excuse from someone to end early because of this or that. I do openly complain about side deals as they are not supposed to happen, period. :x

if ebay wanted to stop it, all they have to do is make it where sellers can't end auctions early!!!!!!!!!! (enough of these !!!! ?hehe..) but ebay gives them this rule that they can! which tells me it not against their rules to end auctions early! it's like saying just because you ask someone to marry you and they say yes, that does not mean they WILL marry you. there are some that are left standing alone at the alter or never even make it that far. i would :lust: to see ebay make it where sellers can't end auctions early!! till then, it's a war!! :P good luck! ;)

Rick

PS i always ask a seller if he ends auctions early (on ultra rare stuff that i DON"T HAVE) if the answer is yes, if i don't make an offer, i know someone else will!!! i'm just playing the game by ebay's rules!! like it or not.

Cheers all!

I do it quite often you would think ebay would freak but they don't seem to care although that may change as the numbers keep growing.... :D

if ebay wanted to stop it, all they have to do is make it where sellers can't end auctions early!!!!!!!!!! (enough of these !!!! ?hehe..) but ebay gives them this rule that they can! which tells me it not against their rules to end auctions early! it's like saying just because you ask someone to marry you and they say yes, that does not mean they WILL marry you. there are some that are left standing alone at the alter or never even make it that far. i would :lust: to see ebay make it where sellers can't end auctions early!! till then, it's a war!! :P good luck! ;)

Rick

PS i always ask a seller if he ends auctions early (on ultra rare stuff that i DON"T HAVE) if the answer is yes, if i don't make an offer, i know someone else will!!! i'm just playing the game by ebay's rules!! like it or not.

Well unfortunately ebay allows sellers to end auctions early due to type-o's, or if the item is broken or what not. The actual rule states that an auction can not be ended to be done outside of ebay. What a seller could legitamitely do if they wanted to end early is have the person become the high bidder and then end the auction and sell to the current high bidder, that would be within the rules but no one does that. :x

Questions to seller should be automatically posted to the auction, along with the username. That'd stop this dead in its tracks!

I am having a hard time imagining a scenario where it would hurt legitimate questions to do this. It might clutter up auctions with stupid "how much to ship to" type questions I guess...

Questions to seller should be automatically posted to the auction, along with the username. That'd stop this dead in its tracks!

I am having a hard time imagining a scenario where it would hurt legitimate questions to do this. It might clutter up auctions with stupid "how much to ship to" type questions I guess...

even so if they are at the end of the auction you wouldn't have to look at them if you didn't want to. Good idea.. :)

This game sealed is well worth $500, I don't think the seller is out of line at all and he will get more then that I am sure.

@Mars242 - You sold a CIB Mr Do's castle last year right? Since it has been a while, care to say how much you let that one go for? Just curious :)

eh, sorry I was asked not to disclose that. otherwise i would.

This game sealed is well worth $500, I don't think the seller is out of line at all and he will get more then that I am sure.

@Mars242 - You sold a CIB Mr Do's castle last year right? Since it has been a while, care to say how much you let that one go for? Just curious :)

I never understood why buyers ask the purchase price not be diclosed. Makes me think they either payed way too much or way too little, most likely too little. I understand if they asked you not to say though :)

• 3 weeks later...

I never understood why buyers ask the purchase price not be diclosed. Makes me think they either payed way too much or way too little, most likely too little. I understand if they asked you not to say though :)

I believe the buyer paid around $/// shipped. :ponder:

Edited by ntavio