IGNORED

The best mascot?

At least some of you probably know what I'm going to say, but I'll say it anyway. :)

Robbit. His games made 3D platforming fun, not slow and clunky with the complicated controls, 872 goals per level, and dreadful camera angles (all without much in the way of platforming) you see in most of today's 3D platform games.

Sonic all the way for me. Even with the many complaints about the 3D games, I enjoy them just as much as I enjoy the 2D ones. I sure don't see Sega's stupidity, aside from Sonic Next-Gen's extreme bugs(have yet to play that one, by the way).

Mai Shiranui is probably my favorite.

Though I do wonder what happened to certain other mascots--especially cool spot. I think he could have really done more than he did.

And with that mention of Mai, I'll point out "PIXEL CHAT" (has Mai as a character) which answers in a humorous way what became of the various Mascots that we once liked. The comic strip is a talk show, hosted in the beginning by the patron saint of lost mascots (and my personal favorite) Bubsy Bobcat. Currently the show is being hosted by Gex. (Which I also saw mentioned above.)

Here is the comic strip...

http://pixelchat.kerda.com/

While I've personally enjoyed the Bubsy line of games across multiple platforms and I get the most enjoyment out of those, (well not so much Bubsy 3D) and I enjoy the Kirby concept and cartoon series, the most SUCCESSFUL overal would be Pac-Man and Mario (two mascots since early times), along with Sonic. The only one I really enjoy of the three so far has been Mario (Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Super Mario Brothers). Yep, overal, honestly, Mario is probably the best and most successful.

(Check out my Bubsy blog!! ... link below....)

Edited by doctorclu

Amen to this.

Someone should make a poll!

My vote goes to Toejam and Earl. I've had more fun playing two player in that game than any other since. Just a all around blast to play with each character having there strengths and weaknesses.

Gex! I loved scampering that lil critter through fun adventures on my 3DO! I liked the fact he could go to nearly anywhere on the screen and his attacks were decent too.

Gex was one of my favorite games for the 3do.I recently played it about a year ago for sega saturn,For what ever reason,I didn`t have as much fun the second time around.Maybe because of the frustrating game play that result in A lot of cheap deaths.And also the dated jokes that he spews out.

Gex! I loved scampering that lil critter through fun adventures on my 3DO! I liked the fact he could go to nearly anywhere on the screen and his attacks were decent too.

Gex was one of my favorite games for the 3do.I recently played it about a year ago for sega saturn,For what ever reason,I didn`t have as much fun the second time around.Maybe because of the frustrating game play that result in A lot of cheap deaths.And also the dated jokes that he spews out.

Maybe a google search could answer this, but what were some of his jokes?

I would say Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog,cus he's cute.And how about the Pirate cat from the pc Monolith game"CLAW"!,not really a mascot,but he's one memorable cool character!

Edited by Rik