IGNORED

Your favourite way of playing

In way of playing I mean:

-Home consoles

-Handheld consoles

-PC

-Arcades

And which type of control you prefer.

My favourite is handheld with round d-pads because I like portability and don't have patience to sit in front of a TV. Round d-pads are more comfortable.

2nd favourite would be arcades because it is very social and playing with joysticks or big guns is fun.

Home console, usually with standard controller, though exceptions do exist. On top of that, I like a nice pillow behind me and my blanket, plus maybe some snacks.

Second choice would be handhelds, often in a sunny spot in nice weather, or on a long trip.

I do PC gaming occasionally, but never found a comfy setup.

Haven't done any serious arcade playing in years.

Since there are obviously no more new dos games for the pc,I'd have to say home consoles.Arcades?there are no more,arcades have gone out of style for the past 10-15 years here,no one goes to those anymore,and why?.You can have the same games at home,and a HELL of alot cheaper.But in consoles i mean 400,2600,7800,INTV,CV,never owned anything past that,not even an NES!And controllers,pretty much whatever came with the consoles is fine with me.

-Home consoles

With a standard controller for the particular console I'm using, unless there's something better to play it with, then I'll use that. Preferrably in front of a big color TV set.

-Handheld consoles

Usually like to play them when I'm waiting to get somewhere or to get something done, and usually inside.

-PC

With a good Playstation 2 Dual Shock clone controller, unless there's a decent ball-topped control knob joystick controller I can use for Pac-Man and those type of games.

-Arcades

Hardly ever go there anymore. Why bother, when I can carry an arcade right in my saddle bag (i.e., fanny pack or hip pouch)?

I'm a console/joypad kind of guy. I've never been a big fan of joysticks. My hands are just too big, and they tend to make your fingers cramp quickly. Gimme a good ol' joypad anyday. I do some PC gaming. Was BIG into arcades in the early and mid 90's, but not any more. There is only one left around here, and it sucks (all that fucking DDR crap everywyere). Not big on portable gaming. I'd rather use an adapter and play said portable game on the big screen.

Console while lying on a couch or adjustable bed using an Xbox-like controller with thumbsticks, D-pad, and buttons.

post-13-1219816651.jpg

I'd like to have a modified Xbox controller for every classic console that I own.

For emulation on a computer, I hate to use the keyboard, so I use a controller for that too:

post-13-1219816290.jpg

Edited by Random Terrain

Prefer a console, and as for the controller...

2600/7800 - Standard 2600 stick

Jaguar - Standard Jag controller

5200 - Wico Command Stick

Dreamcast - Standard controller

Connected to the living room TV as a video monitor, sitting back in the papa-san, with a little fan blowing on me.