IGNORED

Finally played Indenture

Chris++

I finally have a decent PC at home, so my pal Adam gave me a CD-ROM with Indenture on it. I thought it was only a clone of the original VCS game (an impressive enough feat, of course). I didn't bother reading the Help file -- I just started it up and played. After getting the secret message and being impressed that it looked exactly the same as in the 2600 version, I thought that I'd see, just for a lark, if the PC programmer hid anything behind the other border "line" that disappears when the dot's in the room.

My mind was blown!! I had no idea there were more rooms added!! I went back and read the Help file, and learned that there were now games 4 and 5, to accommodate the 300+ extra rooms! HOLY SHIT! This is quite an accomplishment, ain't it! (Yeah, I'm always a bit behind the times...you guys were all probably talking about this years ago...)

Incidentally, it's so weird seeing the numbers "4" and "5" gracing the original game-selection screen. Not to mention the flashing, red white and blue key (purpose??) or the green castle and yellow labyrinth I managed to find!

Anyway, does anyone know what those five number symbols are for (the ones that you can pick up), or where I can find info about them? Does anyone know if there's an online map for Indenture to be found anywhere? Thanks!!

CF

I'm about 90% done (with only the Flashing Castle, and multicolored maze yet to finish) These maps are completely hand drawn so it takes a while to convert it to a computer file. (I thought about the screenshot method, but this game is HUGE and I'm Mr. Old School anyway) I'm working with another cool cat,, and he's doing his own maps for it as well. Its a collaborative effort.

If you need something specific, e-mail me and I can send you the map for it (if I have it).

Stan (aka Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer for those of you keeping score) :)

I had gone the screen capture approach and had mapped out a HUGE portion of Indenture way back in '97. But I got fed up with the game. It was just an endless array of maps with nothing much to do. I never did get all the numbers and other goo-ga's together to see what they all did. Has anyone ever done it?

The trick with the 4 numbers has to do with the green room with 4 hollow boxes.  It's not far from the secret signature room

You should be able to figure out the rest with that trick.  I haven't played Indenture for a while because without a map, it's damn near confusing and near impossible to navigate.

Evem with a map it's tiresome and so time consuming. I had 80-90% of the game mapped out and I got bored wending my way through 200 screens with little or nothing going on just to drag a few items back.

So, the green room is where you put the numbers...what about those other objects?

Ok, I loaded up Indenture and decided to try to map it. Find the working map here:

molyneaux.tripod.com/Indenture_prelim_map.gif

Note that I estimate this map to be less less than half complete.

--I did not include the original Adventure rooms. The green arrow represents from where you enter the Indenture extended map

--I have not mapped the interior of the green castle

--Several "maze" rooms have generic green and gray symbols representing them because I haven't yet gotten around to mapping their actual configuration

I've noted the location of found objects (I was playing on Level 2). Note how few of them there are. I've mapped over 100 screens and found less than a half dozen objects in them.