IGNORED

who is the ULTIMATE COLLECTOR!!!

mark

thought this will be fun. who here has the biggest 2600 collection on this forum? this is your time to brag and tell us what ya got. id like to see who is the ultimate 2600 collector out there. after everyone has replied here, we'll determine who is the ultimate collector whom we should all envy.

i have 41 games and 5 systems but that is peanuts to some of you so lets see what ya got!

if you can include some pics of your collection.

also be honest! no "i got 5 quadruns, 1 airworld, all beagle bros titles, 9 other rarity 10s, 12 rarity 9s, 6 prototypes, 300 different games, and 26 systems" then agian someone may have something like this and be king of the world. who knows. :o :o

as far as "biggest" cart collection it would be either Marc or Marco! i think Marc has more games then Marco (unless marco has passed Marc in the last year?) but i think Marco has more of the UR carts and protos then Marc..

i have around 1060 carts

Take care,

Rick

(PS@CF) was this fast enough? :D

Well,

I think I really do care about other 2600 collections since most people seem to have games that I don't and, if I didn't care, I wouldn't get the chance to see them, talk about them, play them, look at the instructions and gameplay, ect.

As for WHO is the king of collections? It really doesn't matter who the king is, we are all just nerds anyway. :-p I don't think it is something you could nominate yourself for either. I agree that it would have to be voted on by others.

I would venture to say that the king collector should be the one with the most experience and knowledge of collecting, not just a number of carts owned. I mean, if you had a bunch of cash, you could assemble a 500 or 600 cart 2600 collection in under a years time. It seems to me that those collecting atari 2600 the longest have the "best" collections and are therefore the "best collectors". This goes back to Marcok's belief that you will eventually have all the games you want, for the most part anyway. I do tend to agree with this. Everyone knows as well as I that you have to be damn lucky to obtain certain atari 2600 carts. The terms "long time collector" (10 years plus) and "most carts owned", often fall right in line with each other.

I also think that the ultimate collector HAS to be an active as well. Sure you may have 600 or even 1000 2600 carts to your name but, have you given up there or are you still in the game? :-) Also, the ultimate collector should have EVERYTHING. I own 1600 carts for all sorts of systems but I'm thinking Marko has that many 2600 games alone if I remember correctly?

So, the ultimate collector, in order of importance, should:

1. Be very experienced

2. Be an active collector

3. Be lucky

4. Play/discuss the games owned

5. Have more games than everyone else

6. NOT be an asshole

My vote goes to MarcoK for the above reasons. But, who knows, maybe the ultimate 2600 collector is just shy and hasn't presented him or herself yet.

kudos,

MattG.

even if your collection is small tell us about it.

Well sure.. See I'm not that much of a "collector". Rather I'm more of a PACKRAT. :D

I have over 150+ (exact count not known as the carts are scattered all over the damn place) 2600 cartridges. However, they are all from when I was a kid and were bought brand new at retail prices. So I've had them for about 20 years now along with all my other consoles and videogame magazines or whatever. Consequently, I have almost no duplicates.

So I don't really collect. I just don't throw anything away. :P

Thanks for the kind words by some of you but I have to agree with Chris (what?!?!): there's at least a dozen or so incredible Atari 2600 collections in the world. John, Rick, Erik, Curt, Marc, Jerry, Ian, Jeff, Eric - and I must be forgetting several more - all have the most intriguing stuff in their collections. Not one of these people has everything, and that's what will keep 2600 collecting fun for a long, long time to come! :)

Unless...

... writes above names on hitlist and phones hitman... :twisted:

Cheers,

Marco

I have now 505 Cartridges. 4 Cassettes.

And I wait for 3 new cartridges in the moment. :)

:D

I have never think at the beginning, that so many cartridges avaible, and that I get so many. And I have many Rare games too. :D

But not so many as other hardcore collectors. :( But I try my best. :wink:

And I have some games, what noone else can have in there collection. ;)

I have to agree with Chris (what?!?!)

LOL...you have such a way with words, my friend!

:D

Okay, since we've given up on the idea of a single "King": Last time I counted, I had around 800. This was about a year ago; since then, I've gotten maybe 20 more. For all systems, maybe 1,000. Not amongst the top ten, as you can see, but not too shabby either, like it really matters. I'd have just as much fun even if I only owned my ten favorite games.

My "list of priorities":

1. Loves to play

2. All the rest

Someone who loves to collect, but never plays, shouldn't even be on this forum. Just my opinion.

-- Peaceful Chris

aaaahhhhh, bragtime again

i don't count carts anymore after i passed the 1000+ but i should be at rick's level .....

but it seems i am the king of boxed 2600 consoles, at least it was approved a few weeks ago from marco ;) :D

2600 6 switcher complete and boxed: PAL (german)

2600 6 switcher complete and boxed: NTSC

2600 6 switcher complete and boxed by SEARS

2600 Darth vader in big box with styrofoam

2600 4-switch with german box

2600 4-switch with red US box "for promotion only"

2600 4 switcher complete and boxed by SEARS

2600 4-switch Clone with white "arabian" box: 128 games

2600 4-switch Clone with white "arabian" box: 256 games (black console version)

2600 4-switch Clone with white "arabian" box: 256 games (black/silver console version)

2600 4-switch Clone with white "arabian" box: 288 games

2600 4-switch Clone with white "arabian" box: 2000 games

2600 4-switch Clone with silver "arabian" box: 160 games

2600 4-switch Clone with "rambo" box: 256 games

2600 Junior with deluxe stick on box

2600 Junior with joypad on box

2600 Junior with normal stick on box

2600 Junior in big box with styrofoam & deluxe sticks

2600 Junior in big box with styrofoam & deluxe sticks with black junior (not sure if originaly in that box)

2600 BLACK Junior (loose)

2800 CCE-console (brasil) with box

3000 CCE-console (brasil) with box

2600 DACTAR 4-switch with box

2600 Plastic Travel Case (grey) for one console and 14 games plus joysticks/paddles with a 128 games-clone (black vader style)

2600 Junior-clone from spain with normal stick on box

2600 Junior-clone from thailand with normal stick on box

2600 Great Junior-clone (spain, loose)

2600 Gracia- 4-switch clone (loose)

2600 coleco gemini console (loose)

7800 Console with box (euro edition)

7800 Console with box (US edition)

albert has many of those as pictures from me .... hopefully we'll find to make a little special section.

and if anybody has a red junior box for me, please get back to me .... i need to maintain my position and get more more more ......

:D :D

and finally, of course i bow down to my king !!!

in the name of cart, hail marco !!!!

fish

;)