IGNORED

HSC 5 Contest 18: Star Wars-The Arcade Game

JellE

Star Wars-The Arcade Game

Contest ends Friday, September 12, 2008 at 11:30 pm EDT.

Begin this game on Wave 1. If Wave 1 seems too easy for you and you want to play a different level to begin with, feel free to do so.

As always, please feel free to post comments, suggestions, ideas and gripes.

Contest 18: Star Wars-TAG Ends: 11:30 PM EDT Friday 09/12/2008
Player Place Score Points
doctorclu 1st 2,114,117 8
dodgers 2nd 869,157 6
poobah 3rd 454,735 4
darthkur 4th 344,024 2
therealbountybob 5th 208,710 1
Goochman 6th 204,378 1
a8isa1 HM/P 112,683 1
mimo HM/P 76,300 1
JellE HM/P 1,297 1

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HSC Season 5 Scoresheet 2008 HSC Season 5 Contests
Player Weeks Won Score 1st thru 13th 14th thru 26th
poobah 3 66 Hyperblast Cosmic Tunnels
_Fandal_ 2 63 Crystal Castles Donkey Kong Junior
doctorclu 5 61 Megamania Spelunker
Shannon 2 39 Gauntletak Salmon Run
darthkur 2 38 Asteroids Star Wars-TAG
dodgers 1 34 Laser Hawk
Deteacher 2 29 A.E.
Goochman 0 24 Whistlers Brother
JellE 0 21 Ollies Follies
mimo 0 19 Wizard of Wor
jdh 0 12 Preppie! II
iratanam 1 8 Wavy Navy
a8isa1 0 8 Lode Runner
devwebcl 0 3

Bunsen 0 1

Hornpipe2 0 1

krupkaj 0 1

pseudografx 0 1

chuckwalla 0 1

VW 0 1

cephallus 0 0

therealbountybob 0 0

Edited by JellE

sweet!!

You know I can't believe that you don't get any bonus points for starting on wave 2 or wave 3. On other versions of this game when you select the MEDIUM or HARD you got a boost of hundreds of thousands of points. On this one "Oh you want to start with zero points on level 3? Oooookkk!!!"

Crazy.

Hi, am I missing something here but on the version of this game that I have plus the one downloaded from Atarimania you seem to have infinite lives/shields :?:

Can anyone join these contests :?:

The real Bounty Bob? (as in Bill Hogue?) Sweet!! Yeh would love to have you join.

I picked up the version from Fandals' website...

http://atari.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=2956

... that one seems to work well.

Hi, am I missing something here but on the version of this game that I have plus the one downloaded from Atarimania you seem to have infinite lives/shields :?:

Can anyone join these contests :?:

Absolutely, anyone can join in at any time. We would be more than happy to have you participate.

As far as infinite lives and shields, unfortunately I haven't had that experience, with the posted ROM. :) If the other one that doctorclu posted doesn't work for you either, let me know and I will see if I can find you another one.

Again, welcome to the HSC, we are certainly always happy to have new players! Good luck!! :)

I am not worthy :D

(Checkout the Gwobby's Adventure thread for one of my better efforts (new and hopefully final version being posted later this week)

Anyway back to topic. I've downloaded the star wars XEX file. Ive never used an XEX file before and need some help... I have a 130XE with a registered version of APE etc. Can any1 tell me how to get this to work :?:

Thanks,

Jason

As embarrassed as I am to say this... I have no idea how to use it with APE. Doctorclu might have some insight. Or perhaps one of the other guys.

If all else fails, I will ask around for you, and see if anyone else can give some pointers.

Anyway back to topic. I've downloaded the star wars XEX file. Ive never used an XEX file before and need some help... I have a 130XE with a registered version of APE etc. Can any1 tell me how to get this to work :?:

What I do is take a boot image of MyDos or something like it. Boot up on drive 1 with that image.

Make another drive (2-8 your choice) and make it where it looks at the contents of a folder on your PC. Put the Star Wars.exe file in that folder. Look at that new drive with your 130 XE, hopefully the Star Wars file will be viewable there, and load from that drive.

Or if you want a simpler route, use the disk image I created for you attached to this message. ;)

StarWars.zip

So how do you like my X-WING now that I have my Death Star kills decals attached?

post-4709-1220931176_thumb.jpg

(And if you want to create of a picture of you in the cockpit of the X-Wing with the Death Star kill decals on the side... attached are the pictures I used, would be fun to see pictures of the rest of our ROGUE SQUADRON.)

Star_Wars_Kit.zip

Edited by doctorclu

Hi,

Since atari 8 bit files won't run on a pc, and when they are used to download a file, it wants to, the current standard is just to rename the extension to something the PC doesn't normally know, hence .XEX. Just rename it back to .EXE. The 8 bit and the emulator will run them fine, or just Binary Load the file with the complete name.

Doctor Clu explains how to get the file to something Ape can use.

Rick D.

I am not worthy :D

(Checkout the Gwobby's Adventure thread for one of my better efforts (new and hopefully final version being posted later this week)

Thanks,

Jason

Yes, thanks for the replies, I was wondering about the XEX file type... I've downloaded the posted ATR file to my 130XE and will try and beat my pathetic attempts at a high score and post the results tonight :)

Awesome!!

As for making the picture that I showed about of yourself (or whatever you represent yourself as.. for me it was Bubsy), just PM with a picture of yourself and how many Death Stars you've successfully blown up, and I'll photoshop a picture of YOU (or your likeness) in the X-Wing!!!

Common ... we need more ATARIAGE ROGUE SQUADRON pictures (And for those that might not have been much into Star Wars, Rogue Squadron was the attack group of X-Wing and other fighter craft that attacked the Death Star in the first Star Wars movie.)