IGNORED

Blackbox 2.16 rom image required

sup8pdct

I am in need of the above.

Mine is at 2.11. it is fully optioned with Floppy board etc.

I know Mathy's site has it BUT it is missing 2 parts.

Thank you in advance.

James

Update.

The Pigwa site only has Old versions.

I managed to assemble a complete rom from Mathy's site despite 2 missing parts.

While pulling apart my rom to see how it was assembled with the intent of sending a file to mathy to get the complete image,

I discovered 3 blocks of code are the same 2 of which are the missing ones.

Simply copy bbpg11.bin twice and rename them to bbpg00 and bbpg10.

Assemble the parts in order and you have the rom image.

James

For anyone else who may be attempting to follow this, the following may be relevant:

If your black box had a 16k ROM in it, its possible that the A14 and A15 ROM adress lines are tied "hi"..

What you should do is bend up pin 27 of the ROM, and solder a wire from that pin to pin 15 of the 74LS175.

Then, bend up pin 1 of the ROM, and solder a wire from that pin to pin 12 of the 6821 chip.

Finally, turn off DIP switch number 2.

For anyone else who may be attempting to follow this, the following may be relevant:

If your black box had a 16k ROM in it, its possible that the A14 and A15 ROM adress lines are tied "hi"..

What you should do is bend up pin 27 of the ROM, and solder a wire from that pin to pin 15 of the 74LS175.

Then, bend up pin 1 of the ROM, and solder a wire from that pin to pin 12 of the 6821 chip.

While digging through the rom, I found 1 2K block to have a little message in it,

It says: Please turn Dipswitch #2 off. Thanks.

So no harm is done if Dipswitch 2 is on but the BB will always boot up with that message till it is Off :)

James

While digging through the rom, I found 1 2K block to have a little message in it,

It says: Please turn Dipswitch #2 off. Thanks.

So no harm is done if Dipswitch 2 is on but the BB will always boot up with that message till it is Off :)

James

With Dipswitch #2 on, and the 64k ROM installed, you are pulling RA15 low at all times... This cuts your rom in half... Which is why you have to turn it off... Yes, it REMINDS you if you forget to turn it off..

When CSS went to the 64k ROM, they needed an extra Adress line, so they used the PORTB bit of the 6821 that USED TO CONTROL "hard disk/ultraspeed enable." The 2.16 firmware uses that bit (as an output) to select between the upper or lower 32K of the ROM, rather than reading it as an input from dipswitch number 2....

So yeah, Dipswitch 2 needs to be off, or it will only be able to access half the rom...

Edited by MEtalGuy66