IGNORED

interesting article about Romox & Xante

y-bot

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I found an article from 1983 about Romox, Xante, Gameline, Playcable and others here:

http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache:oMLAC...p;client=safari

I met a man today who said the VIC-20 was named after him and that he held the patent on "joystick". His name is Victor Ivashin and he was at the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle looking around today.

y-bot

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I found an article from 1983 about Romox, Xante, Gameline, Playcable and others here:

http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache:oMLAC...p;client=safari

I met a man today who said the VIC-20 was named after him and that he held the patent on "joystick". His name is Victor Ivashin and he was at the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle looking around today.

y-bot

Interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

8)

VIC-20 = Video Interface Chip. Dunno where the 20 comes from, but every old VIC owner knows where that name originates from.

Ralph Baer created the first video game sticks, and unless the guy was 90 some odd years old, then the original patent dates back to the early 1900s and was used for airplanes, if I remember correctly.

Still, very interesting article.

Well, is he getting paid? I own the patent for Coca Cola, but for some reason it just doesn't stand up in patent court.

He got paid for something. He said he retired when he was 38. He said he worked on a PASCAL version of the Commodore PET and his company was involved in making some Atari games as well.

y-bot

Interesting, indeed. I found that same newsletter over the weekend while searching for info on Renaissance Technology. Ty Roberts, co-founder and CTO of Gracenote, developed Milton Bradley's Survival Run while working there.

Anyway, I've tried contacting Vic Ivashin, who is now CTO of Human BioSystems. I hope he replies.