IGNORED

How do you store your collection?

Cap5750

I thought of this while reading through the "God of collecting" thread.

How does everyone store their collections?

Packed in boxes in the attic?

Use them for coasters?

How about on the couch or in your bed so your wife/husband gets mad?

My collection isn't large by any means...I have about 5 2600s, 3 7800s, a supercharger with 4 or 5 games and about 500 individual game carts. Most of them from my original collection are stored neatly in boxes in the bedroom, or sitting in stackable holders or a wooden box I actually built during industrial arts a long long time ago for video tapes that just happened to fit Atari games too! :)

The newer part of my collection is strewn about my living room floor as I test each piece so I can catalogue everything about it. Eventually it too will head to the bedroom only to be pulled out for those times when I'm feeling old and want to feel older. :)

Cap

The systems i dont use/play are put away in boxes along with the carts/CD's - and stacked no higher then 4 high along the wall, heaviest on the bottom

the ones i do play, the games are in a video storage unit and on shelves, except my loose 2600 games which are in thin wide boxes (the box is slightly taller then the carts) that hold 96 carts in each, and i have 3 boxes of 2600 games

My systems (11 of 'em) are all out on a shelf and hooked up to the TV. Currently, the carts are all housed in ugly cardboard boxes of varying sizes, shapes, and printings and shoved into whatever corner / shelf they fit into. I gotta get a better system when I move.

Tall but skinny plastic tubs, similar to what Jarett's talking about. I think mine might even be Rubbermaid. The ones I like the most are called "Show-Offs," because they have these nifty pop-on lids with big handles in their middles, and the tubs themselves hold just the right amount of carts to maximize the weight without making the pop-on mechanism give way. In other words, the tops don't accidentally come off. They're also really affordable -- like, three or four bucks per tub.

My Earthworld, however, is being used to prop open the bedroom window. Well, okay, maybe not, but it damn well should be.

CF

i have an atari 800 next to my 2600 and whenever i feel like playiny one or the other i swich the tv input thing. my 800 computer games are in a drawer. another 800 i store under my bed.i only have 41 games for the 2600 so i don't have a big rubbermaid. there just on my dresser or where ever i put them. my other 4 2600s are scattered about my bedroom.

for me, i just have an extremely messy room. I have my boxed 5200 on a shelf over my bed, nd for my nes's and segas, all together about 9 systems, and 30 games, i have a candy rack, like the ones at the gas station. all my controllers and zappers and joysticks are in the bottom. My 2600 is wherever.. i have wires and connectors every which place. i just got a lot of 30 joysticks off e-bay, all untested, To my surprise! none of them worked.....

so all my non working joysticks are in the box i recieved them in, my joysticks im working on are all over the floor, mixed with rolls of paper towels, wires, screwdrivers, q-tips, and lots of cleaners. the joysticks i have fixed are all in a fed-ex box, and the joysticks that are non-repairable to me are mixed with the ones im working on, (gets very confusing.)

all my 2600 carts and 5200 carts, all together about 60, are in a little wooden organizer, organized by brand and color,(luckly it has only tipped over once), and all my hook-ups are wherever.. its a real mess... i have a few rubbermaid tubs, but i cant stand taking it all out to play it.. i guess i will just deal with it..

By the way, those joysticks, i have managed to fix 10 out of 13 so far, not bad huh?

anyone wanna make me an offer on the ones i cant fix? most of the parts are all good, im guessing there will be about 10 broken ones when im done. i will sell them for 3$ and you pay shipping. Anyone?

I buy VHS storage towers when they go on sale. Since they are meant to hold VHS movies, they typically have about 7-8 shelves which each hold two stacks of 6-7 carts nicely. They display well and it's easy to purchase another as my collection grows. Each one holds about 100 carts.

Two words, Pier-One shelves used in their stores. I have alot of them as I used to work there. I painted them with black laquer and with blue and silver shelves. Looks really good. I also use Ikea glass storage cabnets to store the carts so as to keep out the dust. It makes my room/basement /studio look like a store.

Hmm I guess I am the only one to buy actual Atari cartridge holders off

ebay 8) I dont have too many only enough for 30 games which is

enough to store the games I like to play. The rest are in milkcrates

with joysticks and other accessories.

I'd like to get some of those folder books to store my rare games in

but I never seem to win any auctions either that or the seller wants

way to much for shipping.

I'd also like to get one of those woodgrain cases to store the system in too

but they look a little too large to fit my shelves. There recently was an

Atari store shelf case on ebay, it was quite a cool cabinet for only

$300! :P And the seller only shipped locally. But it does give me

something new to hunt for at flea markets :love: