IGNORED

Jboypacman's Blog - Sonic the Hedgehog 2(8-bit)

RSS Bot

Ok last Blog i reviewed Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Master System so now its time to do a review of the second Sonic game for the 8-bit Sega machine........

Sonic the Hedgehog 2:

Cover Art: This is more of the same art style as found on the 1st 8-bit Sonic game as we see Sonic hang-gliding giving the thumbs-up with Tails the Fox following on the ground below with some baddies closing in on them on once again in the island setting.

Gameplay: More frantic Sonic action as you barrel through the various game levels grabbing power ups and rings as you race to save Tails and his friends from Eggman(Dr.Robotnik).

What i like about this version of Sonic 2 over its Sega Genesis counterpart is the fact you get to use mine carts and a hang-glider which really adds something different to this game.

Graphics: Very solid like the first 8-bit Sonic with some nice colors and sprites and little to no flicker once again.

Sounds: Again the sounds i found to be good as they are just your typical style of music and sound effects you would find in a Sonic game which is a good thing as they fit the gameplay.

So i like Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the SMS its one of thoses games you should have for your 8-bit Sega collection its not a direct port of the 16-bit Genesis version but rather a original offering for the Master system.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5247