IGNORED

JAGUAR-HSC September-Zool 2 - 251,625

doctorclu

My score for today, 119515

Very good. Our new second place person.

Yup it was me... ;) Hey, I only have like 7 Jag games... Heh. I sold most of my collection... I don't have many options for the HS contests!

Sold your collection and kept seven eh? What seven did you keep?

At the height of my Jag collecting, I had something like 40-50 Jag/Jag CD games in all. The 7 I kept are the 7 original games I had back in 1994 when I first got my Jag. Can't beat the nostalgic factor! ;) Oh ya, here's the 7 games I kept... :P

Cybermorph

Doom

Tempest 2000

Wolfenstein 3D

Iron Soldier

Alien vs. Predator

Zool 2

Just hunt down a flash cart then you could play the rest whenever. I think if I had to narrow it down...

1) Bubsy

2) Doom (two copies for network gaming)

3) Battlesphere (At least two for network gaming)

4) Raiden

5) Tempest 2K (a good one to show friends, and fun.)

6) Protector SE (For the BJL)

7) some co-op game... Club Drive, Total Carnage, Brutal Sports Football, etc....

I did have some good fun with Raiden and Protector: SE when I had them. Both games are really hard toward the end though, never beat either of them. I also had Brutal Sports Football, and that's a pretty fun game too. Never had Battlesphere... :( And Bubsy? Well, I couldn't even beat the first level after numerous tries. I just absolutely hate the 1 hit death thing... I just find it hard to enjoy a game when you have to be so cautious as to not even be hit once... Also the controls are kinda loose in Bubsy...

I did have some good fun with Raiden and Protector: SE when I had them. Both games are really hard toward the end though, never beat either of them. I also had Brutal Sports Football, and that's a pretty fun game too. Never had Battlesphere... :( And Bubsy? Well, I couldn't even beat the first level after numerous tries. I just absolutely hate the 1 hit death thing... I just find it hard to enjoy a game when you have to be so cautious as to not even be hit once... Also the controls are kinda loose in Bubsy...

Protector is... OK... not a big defender fan though I have enjoyed Classic Defender on Defender 2K... but the BJL loader and CD bypass are worth the extra price. Naturally there are things not worth the extra price that I bought since.

Raiden, good shoot em, need more.

Bubsy... yeh I just got past the learning curve. To me the controls work fine, which would be a challenge if I ever get around to disassembling Bubsy and rebuilding into the more playable game I want to in under ten years time. :D To me the only loose part is the control when you glide. Movement left and right seem to be about normal, but maybe like ZOOL here I need to add an option to turn inerta off? Jump, high jump, and glide seem to be what they should be. So work on the glide controls maybe and so that they are no so sharp if you change direction in mid glide?

Not really sure that people compare it to when they are talking about Bubsy having loose controls. As compared to what platformer? What platformer have people played where the controls were right on?

On the Jaguar Bubsy has too loose controls, and Zool has "too hard to control" movements.

Rayman receives no complaints, but to me Rayman is a ran you just lumber along and occationally jump and hit stuff. Much slower paced game most of the time.

Between the comments of Zool and Bubsy, not sure what it is being compared to.

Basically, in Bubsy for the Jag when you press right or left, it seems to lag way too long before Bubsy gets moving at a good speed. The controls just seem sluggish and loose in that regard. And then once you get Bubsy running full tilt, he's running too fast and when you try to stop, he doesn't want to stop. Rather frustrating imo... Especially when only one hit kills you and the enemies are HUGE and tend to blend in with the environment. I'm comparing Bubsy to Mario, Sonic, Rayman, Zool & any other platformer I've ever played really. I really did try to like Bubsy. I just felt annoyed with it.

I'm not saying it's a horrible game because I've never made it out of the first level. And from your Bubsy videos on Youtube, YOU make it look like an interesting game cus you're really good at it. But that 1st level does leave a horrible first impression imo. I'm GOOD at platformers and couldn't beat the first level... I tried maybe 5-10 times I guess. Can't really remember. I do remember you saying the programmers should have made another level the 1st... Oh well.

To be honest, it would have been a fine game if it weren't for the 1 hit deaths...

Edited by kevincal

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...