IGNORED

Diagnosing 800 video issue

TwiliteZoner

I get the below screen at times when playing games. If I hold down the select key it will sometimes correct the issue. Anyone else ever have this issue? Thanks for any assistance.

IM001021.jpg

If you're using an RF TV/Computer switchbox, then I'd try a new switchbox or better yet, directly connect the computer to the TV. If your TV has composite video input, then you'll get a better picture if you connect the Atari monitor port to the TV composite input.

I get the below screen at times when playing games. If I hold down the select key it will sometimes correct the issue. Anyone else ever have this issue? Thanks for any assistance.

IM001021.jpg

If you're using an RF TV/Computer switchbox, then I'd try a new switchbox or better yet, directly connect the computer to the TV. If your TV has composite video input, then you'll get a better picture if you connect the Atari monitor port to the TV composite input.

It is connected through the monitor port. I found a replacement power supply that I have been testing and so far have not had any issues. At one point it appeared it was going to resurface but it didn't. Thanks for the reply.

You said pressing Select fixes it...

When it screws up, does the game audio keep going normally? And when you hit Select, it recovers fully?

Or does it crash when it screws up, and after you hit Select, you still have to reboot?

Since I replaced the power supply I have not had an issue. Before that I would hear the game sound, but the screen would either go black or garbled. If I applied pressure to the select or start buttons or in some cases the lid of the 800 it would clear up.