IGNORED

What are these?

Nitwig

I recently won an Ebay auction with a Sears Tele-games and a bunch of games. Inside a Ms. Pac-Man box were these two extra long carts with no casing. They work just fine on my system and they seem no different than the regular versions of these games. Whats the deal with these? Any help would be much appreciated.

post-21337-1220922939_thumb.jpg

I recently won an Ebay auction with a Sears Tele-games and a bunch of games. Inside a Ms. Pac-Man box were these two extra long carts with no casing. They work just fine on my system and they seem no different than the regular versions of these games. Whats the deal with these? Any help would be much appreciated.

Your boards are soooo long! My board is not that long. :_(

Your boards are soooo long! My board is not that long. :_(

*waits for photoshop of a long cart*

Oh wait, that's what double enders are.

I wouldn't think they have any real value other than laugh factor. Anyone could make a simular item, and it would be just as fake, so I can't see this being worth any actual money. To play dowloaded games on your 2600 you could spend a couple hundred on a Kroc cartridge, that's the simple route. Many people make bootlegs (calling them repro's or reporductions) and sell them with a nice shell and a nice sticker (unless they are Hozer, and then the sticker looks like crap). They generally cost $10 - $30 each however, and are titles you can't find, or can't find cheap. On games like the ones you have, the titles are so common, that you can't sell them for 10 cents (they are worth more for the scrap parts). You can always be proud to tell everyone your pirate booty is the longest ever seen.

AX

Can anyone else chime in on the value of these? Are they worth trying to sell? Is it practical to use them for trying out prototypes? Is there much interest in things like this from collectors?

I would give you $5 shipped for both, I just want them as a conversation piece. They are pretty much worthless though :)

So is this the definitive answer? They are worthless? I kind of had my hopes up that I had something at least a little out of the ordinary. If they had better games on them would they be worth more? Is there any way to change the games on these. Would the procedure be any easier than doing it on a real cart? I'm just curious about these things and if they have any usefulness.

Can anyone else chime in on the value of these? Are they worth trying to sell? Is it practical to use them for trying out prototypes? Is there much interest in things like this from collectors?

They are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for them. :P

Pretty neat conversation piece though. Something your collection has that is unique!

-T :)

Edited by pmpddytim

So is this the definitive answer? They are worthless?

LOL...you've had five different posters tell you that.

I don't mean to be rude, but how many more have to say the same thing before you believe it? :D

Actually if you go back and read the post you'll see that there have been only 2 replies that came right out and said they were worthless. 1 person actually said they might be worth something and everyone else has been talking about male genitalia. As far as their value, I get it, they are probably not much more than a conversation piece. It does seem like they are rare though, which makes me wonder why some carts that are identical to others, but have a slightly different label can be worth so much, and these which I can't even google a picture of aren't. That being said The other question which I have been asking has not been answered and that is: Are these something that I could use personally to try out prototype games on the original hardware without having to use an emulator by somehow flashing downloaded roms onto these? Would it be just as easy to flash say..... a Pac Man cart to do the same thing or would it be easier to use on of these?