IGNORED

2600 emulator for Dreamcast? Dreamcast info source?

CincYnoTi

i thought i once read instructions on an atariage board about how you could create a 2600 emulator that would run on a dreamcast. but i can't find it. does anyone remember that or have a current link to instructions how to create one?

is there a dreamcast board somewhere which discusses creating other kinds of emulators for dreamcast? the same time i read the 2600 emulator info, i wandered onto a site that discussed various utilities that would enable you to burn CD's for your dreamcast.

Well, you don't have to create a 2600 emulator or emulators for about 25 other classic systems, people already have. The DC is THE console for emulation and it sure beats PC emulation into the ground...nothing like playing them on a TV like was meant to be. Here is what your looking for...

http://www.dcemulation.com/

http://www.boob.co.uk/

it may seem complicated at first, but it's EASY. Just use www.dcemulation.com (I know gunstar already gave you it, but it's a great site so I had to mention it again). download an iso of NesterDC, [d]coleco(i think that's what it's called), dreamSNES, and any other emulators you want to get. If you don't have nero or diskjuggler, I'm pretty sure you can get a shareware version of nero at www.ahead.de . Then burn the iso, burn a rom cd, and you're in business. I've been doing this ever since NesterDC was in its early stages. I wouldn't say DC emulation beats PC emulation into the ground(most emulators on PC will run with better framerates and stuff, depending on the PC you have, or if you have a video card with TV out, you can play PC emulators on a TV) but since I dont' have a vid card with tv out, the dreamcast is a great emulation system.