IGNORED

Chicago area Commodore / any 8-bit show Saturday, September 27, 2008

MacbthPSW

Full announcement here: http://starbase.globalpc.net/eccc/

This show has strong Commodore roots, but folks from all 8-bit families (especially Atari) are of course welcome. Feel free to bring something to show off, trade, or sell.

Note that this show is completely FREE to attend. The facilities have already been paid for. We have the conference room at the hotel booked until 1 am.

There are typically at least a couple vendors with lots of great hardware and software for sale. Most of the C64DTV plug & play joystick development team will be there. And we just heard that the guy behind

(Guitar Hero for the C-64) will be there.

I hope a bunch of you can make it out!

To get an idea of what to expect, here's the 2007 reports/galleries:

Glenn Holmer's gallery

Mark Seelye's gallery

Robin Harbron's gallery

Adrian Gonzalez's gallery

Full announcement here: http://starbase.globalpc.net/eccc/

This show has strong Commodore roots, but folks from all 8-bit families (especially Atari) are of course welcome. Feel free to bring something to show off, trade, or sell.

Note that this show is completely FREE to attend. The facilities have already been paid for. We have the conference room at the hotel booked until 1 am.

There are typically at least a couple vendors with lots of great hardware and software for sale. Most of the C64DTV plug & play joystick development team will be there. And we just heard that the guy behind

(Guitar Hero for the C-64) will be there.

I hope a bunch of you can make it out!

To get an idea of what to expect, here's the 2007 reports/galleries:

Glenn Holmer's gallery

Mark Seelye's gallery

Robin Harbron's gallery

Adrian Gonzalez's gallery

I'm planning to come and see the show right after I get off work.

VGS'09 is being planned for july 2009 at the same hotel as well

(vgs 08 was good but not enough vendors)

One more bump... it's this weekend! Looking forward to seeing at least a few of you there, and more from Lemon64 and Denial.

I get off at 11am saturday so if do come it will be around 11:30 or noon.

I was there around noon today looked around it was a small show not much as attendance goes had tables filled but not many people buying.

a couple things you should do for next years if you do another one:

1. have signange outside at my show this year we arranged the hotel to put up signs at the doors and the maquee.

2. use the deli, if it's free use it, either for group thing for people to talk or as second room for more tables.

(if you remember seeing a guy walking around wearing a Black AVC Online t-shirt there that was me)

I got there later than you, and it was hopping! I think that when you were there, it must have been when everyone went out to grab chow. The show was one of the biggest yet, with more stuff for sale than ever. Very exciting stuff too, including some new hardware projects. I'll be reviewing one of them soon, it's an adapter for running PS2 controllers to Atari or C64. Great for creating new homebrew games that use the Guitar Hero controller or the dance pads.

You're right about the signage. Maybe next year I'll throw my hat in the ring and help out with that.

I got there later than you, and it was hopping! I think that when you were there, it must have been when everyone went out to grab chow. The show was one of the biggest yet, with more stuff for sale than ever. Very exciting stuff too, including some new hardware projects. I'll be reviewing one of them soon, it's an adapter for running PS2 controllers to Atari or C64. Great for creating new homebrew games that use the Guitar Hero controller or the dance pads.

You're right about the signage. Maybe next year I'll throw my hat in the ring and help out with that.

I got there a bit after noon, yeah there was a lot tables there but, from the looks of it was like 4 vendors and they took big area like roger;s table was the biggest table there.

and I did see the games table.

I'm not into C64 or 8bit, I'm mostly video games and atari.

shows usally get busy after noon, VGS this year had a surge right around noon compared to 9am to 11am.

I still think they should have used the deli get more tables (after all it's free)

but they do need signage.

you welcome to help me at vgs if you want as well.

Dan, I think Bohus is right, you must have been there while a lot of people were away for lunch or something. It was the busiest show we've had in years.

First pics & report are up here:

http://lyonlabs.org/commodore/eccc-2008/eccc-2008.html

like I said, show do get busy in the afternoon rather then the morning.

like I said also I'm not into c64 or 8 bit so theres nothing to interest me.

if you guys was busy, the more reason to use the deli to your advantage .

I wasn't thrilled with your set up either no walking around room.

but to each it's own.

one more thing besides signage: a schedule of events would be nice to see.

what time was the demo's and such after 12 noon, I might have stayed til 1pm

if I knew what was going on but since I didn't no reason for me to stay for the show.

as mentioned even though VGS had low table attendance people came

round noon to see keynotes and play in tournaments.

(over all VGS had 40+ people, VGS unlike your show is fully supported by sponsors and table sales

as well as other stuff. I do hope your show was worth 640.00 you spent on it(have doing 5 shows there I figured how

the hotel charges you)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

Sorry you didn't see anything to your liking, Dan. I'll just third the motion that you came during the lunch break, as I don't remember seeing you. By the humble standards of a midwest C64 show in the 21st century, the turnout was pretty solid, I felt.

Your points about signage are valid--I tend to mistakenly assume that everybody who's coming has already been before, and is pretty much planning to be in it for the long haul.

(VGS unlike your show is fully supported by sponsors and table sales as well as other stuff.

The fact that I don't charge people to come out and have a good time with their C64s doesn't seem to be terribly relevant...

I do hope your show was worth 640.00 you spent on it(have doing 5 shows there I figured how the hotel charges you)

I think everybody got my money's worth of fun, yes, thanks for your warm wishes.

Edited by jcompton

Sorry you didn't see anything to your liking, Dan. I'll just third the motion that you came during the lunch break, as I don't remember seeing you. By the humble standards of a midwest C64 show in the 21st century, the turnout was pretty solid, I felt.

Your points about signage are valid--I tend to mistakenly assume that everybody who's coming has already been before, and is pretty much planning to be in it for the long haul.

(VGS unlike your show is fully supported by sponsors and table sales as well as other stuff.

The fact that I don't charge people to come out and have a good time with their C64s doesn't seem to be terribly relevant...

I do hope your show was worth 640.00 you spent on it(have doing 5 shows there I figured how the hotel charges you)

I think everybody got my money's worth of fun, yes, thanks for your warm wishes.

signange: all you had to do ask mark at the hotel to do signs for your show (where do you think the signs and the marquee from my show came from)

I don't the set time the demos and such was done so I figured not to stay, would loved to stay longer,but work at 6am the next day tell me other wise.

a set schedule you help your show a bit more Ithink. mostly I feel your show more as user group thing then a show,which is cool.

Idid say you guys prob got busier afterwards, you came to my show a bit later this year, and you saw that even our tables weren't sold out

we did have a good group of people as well(early morning we did get a small line,but we got busy right before the keynotes started)

get a set schedule done, and I'll try to stay longer next year.

just saw the pics from this years show. looked like a decent crowd.

if you guys had schedule when you had the guitar hero guy and other stuff planned

you might have gotten a bit more people.

(I noticed they also had the two center doors closed by you as well,thats something new this year after having it open

in the past.)

still work on signage though, if you want to get new people to come to the show,unless your just doing it

as user group thing and maybe a small sign by the entrance so regulars might know where it as it.

(I might have stayed longer if I knew what time is what is going on,without knowing that I either figured that

I missed anything or that it will be coming on too late in the show)