IGNORED

FA: Mr. Boston Clean Sweep - Vectrex

timewarp

i'd love to have a chance with it...but it wayyyy up my budget range :(

already spent too much on the vectrex..

Not so much the high price but i just can't see putting that kind of money into one cartridge when it could get you so much more :ponder: Maybe if your very rich and have an Aston Martin parked in your garage and your house is worth 1,000.000. Then sure, we'll throw 1.000 on this game, 1500 on another. Hell, i'm just trying to pay $50 per game myself. Then again, i don't need every single thing ever released either. I do good with what i have.

Not so much the high price but i just can't see putting that kind of money into one cartridge when it could get you so much more :ponder: Maybe if your very rich and have an Aston Martin parked in your garage and your house is worth 1,000.000. Then sure, we'll throw 1.000 on this game, 1500 on another. Hell, i'm just trying to pay $50 per game myself. Then again, i don't need every single thing ever released either. I do good with what i have.

Honestly, why does everyone always have something to say when something like this comes up, then tries to validate their own collecting/game stuff based on their own collecting habits. If someone has that money to spend, let them. Some people work hard for their money. If you are trying to spend $50 on games, imagine the families that have NEVER afforded a NEW game and have to go to garage sales and flea markets ONLY. Imagine what their reaction to someone like you who CAN afford $50 games when THEY can only get $2-3 games. This works both ways here.

If the person sells it for $2000 next year and is using it as an investment, so be it, but you could go as far as saying ANYTHING you spend your money on these says is not going to get you even above the inflation mark.

Honestly, why does everyone always have something to say when something like this comes up, then tries to validate their own collecting/game stuff based on their own collecting habits. If someone has that money to spend, let them. Some people work hard for their money. If you are trying to spend $50 on games, imagine the families that have NEVER afforded a NEW game and have to go to garage sales and flea markets ONLY. Imagine what their reaction to someone like you who CAN afford $50 games when THEY can only get $2-3 games. This works both ways here.

If the person sells it for $2000 next year and is using it as an investment, so be it, but you could go as far as saying ANYTHING you spend your money on these says is not going to get you even above the inflation mark.

What I'M saying is, if i had that kind of money, I'll be damned if i'd go buy one little cartridge. Hell you could buy a brand new pc or a used car. As for those that can only afford $2 and $3 games. Thats me as well since i usually don't have much to work with. I used to buy alot of $50 games back in the 90's but now that i'm disabled and out of work, i get what i get. If you have alot of money just laying around for games, then go for it. Some of us just have to budget and spend a bit wiser, Thats all.

Well I came second on the auction. Then again you know me... and then again it's the only Vectrex related item I still really need...

With so few R10's in the vectrex world it's not exactly out of line that collectors pay a high premium when this cart pops up from time to time. Imagine if there was only like 2 rare 10's for the atari 2600 and ALL the rest of the carts where dirt common?

Edited by Shawn Sr.

How many carts exist? How many overlays? I've heard of this one and read discussions whenever it was being sold but can't recall ever seeing the original overlay before myself. Maybe I just never clicked on any of the links.

I believe six cartridges, two overlays and one box are currently accounted for. Although the game is based upon Clean Sweep the code and overlay are different to the normal release. The box is essentially Clean Sweep with a sticker on it.

How many carts exist? How many overlays? I've heard of this one and read discussions whenever it was being sold but can't recall ever seeing the original overlay before myself. Maybe I just never clicked on any of the links.

I believe six cartridges, two overlays and one box are currently accounted for. Although the game is based upon Clean Sweep the code and overlay are different to the normal release. The box is essentially Clean Sweep with a sticker on it.

Thanks bud, I didn't know that. Can you post a picture of the box with sticker. HHW

How does the code differ other than it displays an advertisement at the beginning?

Tempest

Thanks bud, I didn't know that. Can you post a picture of the box with sticker.

Haven't got a large shot to hand, best you'll do is the one I took at CGE http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayhemers/977454388/

That's the only complete copy known, now back in the possession of Chris Romero.

How does the code differ other than it displays an advertisement at the beginning?

The main player sprite was also turned into a top hat instead of it being a vacuum cleaner. I believe those are the only differences.