IGNORED

Video Command Joystick

Ridenmy65

Hello all,

I found a pretty interesting looking Joystick today. It has on the side of it "Video Command" It kind of looks like a cockpit lever of somesort. I don't know if that description makes any sense. It does not have any buttons. I think the way you fire is to push down on the stick. Anyway, does anyone else have one of these joysticks? Or does anyone know what games it goes with. Just wondering, because I don't want to have to go through all of my games trying to find one that it works with. Although that might be kind of fun.

I don't have anyway of getting a pic of it to you guys unfortuately.

Anyway, if anyone has some info. that would be great.

Angelo

yup i got to of thoose amiga power sticks the ones u were refering to and i frankly prefer them over a original joystick any day but then again they fit my hands better because of my age so i can see how i would seem weird to a thirty year old lol :P (im guessing at your age :roll: please dont hurt me)

Speaking of funky, does anyone have one of those tiny little sticks that Amiga made before they got into PC manufacture? I still have one of those black & red little midget wonders, and it sure works like a charm, although it's a bit teensy for these hands!

CF

No, darn it! There was a dealer at the last PhillyClassic that had a number of controllers (Atari and SMS) that I was interested in, including two of those Amiga sticks. I was saving my money for the auction "just in case" and fully meant to check in with him afterwards. Of course, by that time I had a massive headache (brought on by the further conservation of money through skipping lunch) and I totally forgot to visit the table before I left. Didn't think about it again untill I was half way home. :x

I have one of these with a red fire button on the front. I do not have to push on the stick to fire. I got it as a prize in some video game contest back in the early 80's. I entered many and cannot recall which one specifically, but I do remember that it was only the "consolation prize" :roll: :twisted: :roll: I've never seriously used it for game play. It's only a conversation piece used to collect dust! :yawn: