IGNORED

Pac-Man Collection (ColecoVision) completed. Going beta test

opcode

I'm not saying nothing, just that nothing is impossible. That said, lets keep this thread on topic.

Its just that my mind tends to wander while I'm just sitting around waiting for my copy of PMC. Canadian Post had it listed on 02/14 as "international shipment has arrived in the destination country", and the grand old USPS lists it as "origin post is preparing shipment." It just seems absolutely rediculous to me, that in today's modern age of technology, the United States Postal Service can't offer true up-to-the-minute tracking information like every other shipping service in the world does!

Its just that my mind tends to wander while I'm just sitting around waiting for my copy of PMC. Canadian Post had it listed on 02/14 as "international shipment has arrived in the destination country", and the grand old USPS lists it as "origin post is preparing shipment." It just seems absolutely rediculous to me, that in today's modern age of technology, the United States Postal Service can't offer true up-to-the-minute tracking information like every other shipping service in the world does!

It's actually understandable from a strictly bureaucratic standpoint. The tracking system used by the USPS is distinct from the one used by Canada Post, and if the tracking numbers alone follow different formats, then imagine how incompatible they are at the processing level. Customs officers must follow verification guidelines on both sides of the border, the package itself can be opened at random, forms need to be filled out, legal issues must be dealt with, etc. And all that is applied to thousands of packages that cross the border each day. That's why there's usually a "tracking blackout" when the package crosses the border, especially when using the "Expedited Parcel USA" shipping option, which is actually ground-based, not airmail.

By the way, some AA regulars who are on my waiting list have been contacted by PM, but they don't seem in any hurry to reply, such as the guy with a fixation on penguins, and the other who will do anyone for sex... These people know who they are. ;) Remember, after March 15th, you guys are out of luck!

The international shipping might have something to do with it, but even a package shipped within the U.S. doesn't receive up to date tracking. I've "tracked" packages that I know have been delivered, and the USPS lists them as either, at the location of origin, or sometimes so bad as, the USPS has received an electronic notification indicating a shipment has been scheduled. Now I do realize that they technically refer to it as delivery confirmation, not a true tracking, but even delivery confirmation isn't up to date.

By the by, dibs on the purchasing opportunity of any unclaimed yellow copies of PMC!!!!! :twisted:

I'm wondering... how did you end up with yellow cart cases in the first place?

Eduardo had them made in Brazil just before he moved to the US, two years ago. He also had some red ones produced, and we're keeping them for Donkey Kong Arcade. :)

Don't have mine yet but it should be here soon enough!!

Put me down for a pre-order of the Red Donkey Kong Arcade cart!!!

These are exciting times!!!

"I would just like to mention that anyone who lets me know when they receive their copy will automatically be put in the waiting list for our next release, namely Gulkave."

Excellant! Can't wait to receive my yellow cart so I can reply!

Thanks Eduardo! and Thanks Luc!

Eduardo had them made in Brazil just before he moved to the US, two years ago. He also had some red ones produced, and we're keeping them for Donkey Kong Arcade. :)

DK Arcade is light years away from being completed, so taking pre-orders right now is not just premature, it's downright useless. Only when the game enters final beta-testing will I consider taking pre-orders for that game.

DK Arcade is light years away from being completed, so taking pre-orders right now is not just premature, it's downright useless. Only when the game enters final beta-testing will I consider taking pre-orders for that game.

I understand it's a long ways away... just expressing my interest in this one!!

Gunkalve... will grab this one too but I know very little about this one.

Opcode is making the Colecovision great!

By the by, dibs on the purchasing opportunity of any unclaimed yellow copies of PMC!!!!! :twisted:

Sorry dude, others had dibs long before you... ;)

:ponder: :evil:

I'm fairly certain the yellow cart will be the single most valuable OpCode collectors item for now. You just can't hoax a yellow cart... plus as I understand it with the size of the OpCode games, bootleggers can't just make extra and eBay them, like they do with 2600 games.

AX

Out of curosity why was red chosen for Donkey Kong Arcade. Anything to do with the fact that early DK cabinets were converted red Radar Scope cabinets?

Nah, it's just that DK's logo is red, and the girders in the first level are red, so it makes sense to use those red carts shells for DK Arcade. I could theoretically ask Moldex to make us some blue casings (it's one of the colors available), but going with blue poses the problem that if the shade of blue is slightly off (and it probably is, seing as there's only one shade available), then it's going to look weird, and then everyone will be asking why we couldn't match the blue used for the arcade cabinet. At least with red, there's no question that it matches DK's general theme, and the red casings have already been manufactured, so... :ponder:

Gunkalve... will grab this one too but I know very little about this one.

It's Gulkave, and you can see some footage of the SG-1000 version on YouTube. It's a pretty hyperactive shooter, and also one of the best games available on the SG-1000. :)

I understand about the blue. I had the same issue with the Ms. Pac-Man controllers. It was either use a slightly darker standard blue color, or a super expensive better-matching custom blue color. The standard color won out. :cool:

I just picked up my PMC from the post office and it looks great. Now all I have to do is figure out some way to kill 8 hours at work so I can get home and play! :D

Okay people, I have two special announcements to make, and neither of them are good news.

First of all, I have reached my quota of pre-orders for Pac-Man Collection with regular black cartridges. From now on, if anyone places a reservation for that game (via e-mail or AtariAge PM), he/she will be put on a LONG-TERM waiting list, and no promises can be made as to when more copies will be produced, although I'm pretty sure I'll be able to convince Eduardo to make another run of PMC carts in the second half of 2009.

Secondly, I had planned to prepare 15 packages yesterday evening, and I only managed to do a single one. This clearly demonstrates how difficult it is for me to find enough time to a) prepare packages and b) drop them off at the post office. So you're expecting to get your copy soon, King_Salamon? Think again. Real life keeps getting in the way, and everyone will have to arm themselves with plenty of patience. I wish I could take a day off from work and just get it all done, but now is not a good time to call in sick, and I have to give priority to my job, my gym appointments, and other time-consuming chores like cooking, doing the dishes, laundry and ironing, shopping for groceries, etc. etc. etc..

I'm sorry to keep everyone waiting (especially those who asked for express shipping), but the situation is what it is, and whatever I manage to do is the best I can do right now. Thanks for understanding.

Okay people, I have two special announcements to make, and neither of them are good news.

First of all, I have reached my quota of pre-orders for Pac-Man Collection with regular black cartridges. From now on, if anyone places a reservation for that game (via e-mail or AtariAge PM), he/she will be put on a LONG-TERM waiting list, and no promises can be made as to when more copies will be produced, although I'm pretty sure I'll be able to convince Eduardo to make another run of PMC carts in the second half of 2009.

Secondly, I had planned to prepare 15 packages yesterday evening, and I only managed to do a single one. This clearly demonstrates how difficult it is for me to find enough time to a) prepare packages and b) drop them off at the post office. So you're expecting to get your copy soon, King_Salamon? Think again. Real life keeps getting in the way, and everyone will have to arm themselves with plenty of patience. I wish I could take a day off from work and just get it all done, but now is not a good time to call in sick, and I have to give priority to my job, my gym appointments, and other time-consuming chores like cooking, doing the dishes, laundry and ironing, shopping for groceries, etc. etc. etc..

I'm sorry to keep everyone waiting (especially those who asked for express shipping), but the situation is what it is, and whatever I manage to do is the best I can do right now. Thanks for understanding.

LOL!! No worries my good man! I'm ok waiting a little longer.. to be honest, I was quite surprised when I received your email on the weekend! lol Thanks again!

Now go and do your ironing. :)

I noticed that when the names are set to alternate and in the USA version of Pac-Man, the ghost names on the attract screen are:

AAAAAAAA.........."BBBBBBBB"

CCCCCCCC........"DDDDDDDD"

EEEEEEEE............"FFFFFFFF"

GGGGGGGG........"HHHHHHHH"

Is this correct?

I also see that on the rear cover of the manual, the Customer Service address listed is in Brazil. Technically it'd be Luc's address wouldn't it?

Edited by doubledown