IGNORED

Term programs for the SX212

doctorclu

Got a few Atari BBS'er friend that wants to get a SX212 working. What programs worked with that? I imagine Bobterm right?

And what were the drivers for it? Were they special, or the typical 850 drivers?

There was a version of Express called SX Express that was sold by Atari - I have a shrink-wrapped copy of it here.

I am pretty sure the SX212 was a direct connect modem so no 850 needed. I never owned one so I really can't say what other programs will work with it.

Got a few Atari BBS'er friend that wants to get a SX212 working. What programs worked with that? I imagine Bobterm right?

And what were the drivers for it? Were they special, or the typical 850 drivers?

There was a version of Express called SX Express that was sold by Atari - I have a shrink-wrapped copy of it here.

I am pretty sure the SX212 was a direct connect modem so no 850 needed. I never owned one so I really can't say what other programs will work with it.

Well if your interested in selling I think I know someone who might like that.

The Express programs... yeh they were interesting. I used 1030Express and 850Express for my older BBS days.

When I tried to use them lately, not anything like Bobterm, Ice-T, Flickerterm... the more modern term programs. Express generally can't handle much past 2400 baud, but then, that kind of code would work for the SX212 (1200 baud)

The SX212 has 2 interfaces: Atari SIO and regular 25-pin RS-232. Most people use it on the Atari with the SIO connector, which requires a special driver (usually called something like SX212.COM), but if you've got some app written for the 850 that just plain refuses to work with this driver, you have the option of using the SX212's RS-232 connector and an 850, like any other modem (in which case you use the plain 850 driver, of course).

IIRC, SX Express had to be written because plain 850 Express won't work with the SX212 driver (it complains that the 850 is missing). I used to use Bobterm with an SX212, back in my BBS days... these days I might use Ice-T instead.

BTW, the SX212 driver also works with the SIO2PC...

I was the one that asked Doc Clu, and was hoping ANYONE out there had a copy of Ice-T or Bobterm to use with my SX212 so I can bbs direct. I just need a copy of a term program on a floppy disk to run on my Atari 1200XL and 1050 Drive. If anyone can help, please PM me and I will get you my address. I am willing to pay for shipping or ???

Thanks!

I was the one that asked Doc Clu, and was hoping ANYONE out there had a copy of Ice-T or Bobterm to use with my SX212 so I can bbs direct. I just need a copy of a term program on a floppy disk to run on my Atari 1200XL and 1050 Drive. If anyone can help, please PM me and I will get you my address. I am willing to pay for shipping or ???

Thanks!

This isn't a term prg but it is a sx212 handler that works with 850 express. I found it on Holmes #2. I'll look for more when I have time. Got to go play guitar now... :cool: