IGNORED

Interesting Vectrex stuff...

EricDeLee

Could certainly have gone higher. I would have expected much higher.

Actually Chris and I are surprised it went as high as this... as I stated only Mail Plane remains unavailable ROM wise and even so, it may become available in the near future (Chris sent a programmer to the seller so he is going to dump the ROMs out before sending them off to the winner, who may allow them to be distributed) either via the auction or this other copy that was revealed. So technically it's a bunch of chips with code on them that already exist in the public domain.

The winner btw is a Vectrex collector who owns the other complete Mr Boston...

You're assuming that the code on those EPROMs is the same as the released code. I wouldn't be so sure about that. There could be some cool WIP games in there.

Well at least it went to someone who will appreciate them.

Tempest

That is true... some of the chips of released games could hold pre-release versions on them. I would mostly expect the unreleased games to be pretty much identical to the dumps already out there though. Nevertheless we could be surprised... if any of us get to see them.

That is true... some of the chips of released games could hold pre-release versions on them. I would mostly expect the unreleased games to be pretty much identical to the dumps already out there though. Nevertheless we could be surprised... if any of us get to see them.

I did some stalking, and I know that the buyer is currently looking for someone in the Ottawa area with an EPROM reader. So, if nothing else, they're at least being preserved! I sent him a message on Facebook asking if he has any plans yet, but haven't gotten a reply.